New Book: The Railways of Bord na Mona

Rate this topic

leslie10646

1281089573_BnM4.thumb.jpg.ed06b593deb49ff01605c904f85d3da1.jpg

Just out and available from The Syndicate for £10.95 plus £1 towards p&p. UK only.

PM me, or e-mail me at          lesliemcallister@aol.com

If you're in Europe, buy your copy from the RPSI, it's in their Shop!

64 pages covering every aspect of this industrial narrow gauge empire. I think most people know that I'm no great fan of narrow gauge, but I've found this little book quite an eye-opener.

Recommended!

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

1281089573_BnM4.thumb.jpg.ed06b593deb49ff01605c904f85d3da1.jpg

Just out and available from The Syndicate for £10.95 plus £1 towards p&p. UK only.

PM me, or e-mail me at          lesliemcallister@aol.com

If you're in Europe, buy your copy from the RPSI, it's in their Shop!

64 pages covering every aspect of this industrial narrow gauge empire. I think most people know that I'm no great fan of narrow gauge, but I've found this little book quite an eye-opener.

Recommended!

Leslie

Very interesting - I've long thought that there ought to be a book on this! Not all that much my thing either, as industrials aren't quite my area of interest, but an excellent addition to the overall railway press.

• Agree 1

On the topic of bog trains, are there any models of bog trains, RTR to run, kitbash or otherwise that anyone is aware of?

A layout based around the bog would be interesting. I've always wanted to have a go driving a bog train. I grew up not far from the bog of Allen.

Cheers

37 minutes ago, Peter said:

On the topic of bog trains, are there any models of bog trains, RTR to run, kitbash or otherwise that anyone is aware of?

A layout based around the bog would be interesting. I've always wanted to have a go driving a bog train. I grew up not far from the bog of Allen.

Cheers

There was indeed a BnM layout featured somewhere in the past - I think on IRM?

Looked very well too.

Wow, the work that has gone into that is incredible. It's a shame there hasn't been an update in years. 

I don't have the patience to go down the route of scratch building Bord na Mona rolling stock. I still have to finish my Curragh n gauge layout. 

21 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

978-1-3999-1219-8

Not sure why you want this (although I can guess). As you're on "The Island" buy it from the RPSI and benefit the preservation world!

No problem supporting the RPSI, big problem supporting my bank as the RPSI charges in sterling and customers have to pay the bank's handling fees for the privilege when purchasing from the south!

image.png.e50c8d14a8b8df2ff0d2adf802664676.png

Edited by Wexford70

Sorry about that Wex. The Brexit thing has cut GB off from the rest of the known Universe. The loss of trade by small businesses must be enormous.

Not sure why the RPSI doesn't charge you straight Euros by transfer, as I do when selling my kits - mind you I can do nothing about the postage!

You'll have to wait until a seller is at an exhibition - almost a reason for me coming over to sell kits and books!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Sorry about that Wex. The Brexit thing has cut GB off from the rest of the known Universe. The loss of trade by small businesses must be enormous.

Not sure why the RPSI doesn't charge you straight Euros by transfer, as I do when selling my kits - mind you I can do nothing about the postage!

You'll have to wait until a seller is at an exhibition - almost a reason for me coming over to sell kits and books!

Not to worry Leslie, I am fortunate to have a UK Debit Card and used that to order. 

Brexit is such a mess.

• Like 2