Mk2d Coaches

Rate this question

Fowler4f

Question

Has anyone successfully applied Adhesive Vinyl Coach Decals to Hornby Mk2d coaches,
I not sure whether to start applying from the centre or the end of the coach ?

This works out at approx £31 instead of some of the exorbitant prices for MM coaches on EBay.

Thanks.

6AA7C6F7-09D6-48D8-9F56-03CF0A0AE93A.png

E6BF82DE-B7C9-4F20-A8FB-1B07BE876DE6.png

9 answers to this question

1805633734_Screenshot2022-03-03at16_06_06.thumb.png.d52bf692a78f423920d426632902073a.png

ive done these mk3's in n..... not sure but i think its the same seller its a while ago now. initially i recieved transfers very close to the "executive" coach colour but once i complained i was sent another set.

they do the job but not sure i would buy again, i would definitely go for a more expensive set.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

1805633734_Screenshot2022-03-03at16_06_06.thumb.png.d52bf692a78f423920d426632902073a.png

ive done these mk3's in n..... not sure but i think its the same seller its a while ago now. initially i recieved transfers very close to the "executive" coach colour but once i complained i was sent another set.

they do the job but not sure i would buy again, i would definitely go for a more expensive set.

Hi Sean, did you apply from middle or end of coach ?

I think with it being n and so small i started with one end and sort of rolled it on, but its over a year ago so i cant remember for sure, one thing i do remember was that they had to be cut out of a larger piece with a scissors, no nice perforation around the shape to peel away.

there was another company that did them called electra rail and i was dissapointed that i did not try them instead of the ebay ones as the quality looked a bit better.

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

I think with it being n and so small i started with one end and sort of rolled it on, but its over a year ago so i cant remember for sure, one thing i do remember was that they had to be cut out of a larger piece with a scissors, no nice perforation around the shape to peel away.

there was another company that did them called electra rail and i was dissapointed that i did not try them instead of the ebay ones as the quality looked a bit better.

Thanks Sean.

Perhaps a bit late in the day, but I feel I should point out that in spite of the designation the Irish Mk2D coaches are based on the British Rail Mk2E bodyshell not 2D. 

The toilets are to the later smaller 2E design and are diagonally opposite on the Open Standards (as per BR 2E and 2F) not the same side as with the BR Mk2D.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hexagon789 said:

Perhaps a bit late in the day, but I feel I should point out that in spite of the designation the Irish Mk2D coaches are based on the British Rail Mk2E bodyshell not 2D. 

The toilets are to the later smaller 2E design and are diagonally opposite on the Open Standards (as per BR 2E and 2F) not the same side as with the BR Mk2D.

Md2d new for £23 each, the vinyl overlay should cover the toilet windows 🤞