premier rose fundraising

Rate this topic

mphoey

Hi all

A lot of you are hopefully travelling on the premier rose which is going to raise money for various railway organisations in Ireland.

Now one of the things that will be happening is onboard raffles .

The more free prizes we can get the more money is raised for the groups so all im asking here is if anyone has any railway item that they wish to donate as a raffle prize then get in touch .

thanking you all in advance

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mphoey said:

Hi all

A lot of you are hopefully travelling on the premier rose which is going to raise money for various railway organisations in Ireland.

Now one of the things that will be happening is onboard raffles .

The more free prizes we can get the more money is raised for the groups so all im asking here is if anyone has any railway item that they wish to donate as a raffle prize then get in touch .

thanking you all in advance

A very good cause. I would strongly encourage everyone who can to support this venture, which, I understand, if successful will lead to other events like it. I'm seeing what I can donate myself.

From speaking with Jimmy McBride in Donegal, and others involved in other smaller organisations, I am awarea that the pandemic closures have put extreme pressure on some of our railway heritage organisations. We have few enough of them in a country our size; we often look across the water at Britain - but they've over sixty million people, and there are just under seven million on our island. Also, they have a proportionately greater interest in all things related to industrial heritage. Our geological circumstances are such that we never had huge open cast coal or iron ore mines, or even Welsh-style slate mines - such activity as we had was a mere cottage industry instead, so we don't have the same background in this sort of thing.

So it's all the more incumbent on us to try to support things like this. And, open our wallets as generously as we possibly can on this occasion.

• Like 4

@mphoey and @jhb171achill are the raffle dream team, it's great to have them onboard. Thanks to everyone who has booked so far, we're hoping this will be quite a special day indeed.  And if you haven't ... https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-premier-rose-railtour

If you can't travel or would prefer to chase from the lineside but would like to support this event, we have a 'donation ticket' option if you scroll down the list, price at the donator's discretion. :)

Edited by Niles
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going through some of the prizes donated so far with @mphoey this evening, and, wow. Just, wow. Biased though I am(!), being in with a chance of winning of some these items will nearly make it worth travelling alone 😁. We're not revealing all just yet, but the generosity of the donators to this raffle has been heartening.

Edited by Niles
  • Like 2