IRM to model record breaking Swiss Rail 100 coach formation?

Rate this topic

Noel

1 hour ago, Rush and Lusk said:

Thanks Noel - I've watched several related videos on YouTube - the train length was almost 2 kilometres long ! - fascinating and fantastic achievement, the Swiss are remarkable engineers, not just in railways.  

Agree. The power units must have been carefully distributed along the formation so that there was no undue pressure on the tight bends.

Impressive, looks like 25 x 4 car EMU's; the RhB is now well into Railcars for its passenger services. I much preferred it back in the 1990's when most trains were loco hauled and the freight traffic amounted to over a million tons per year. At my time of life I don't think I will be back, my travelling days to Switzerland are over, however I have over 200 hours of video and 14000 slides and negatives to remind me of the 25 trips I made between 1988 and 2009.

The snow could be fairly deep in the Mountains Ospizio Bernina on the RhB Bernina line 9 April 2001.

950 Ospizio Bernina 9apr2001 img123

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

• 2 weeks later...