OBB HOe starts here.

Rate this topic

Was in Wuppertal over the weekend and found the most fantastic model shop I have ever been in (no doubt some of you would of been there too) Had my eye on these Leccys for a long time so picked one up there and two kinda suitable coaches..

Hope to do a small Winter layout 

Just need so build up a wee bit of stock and some track.

Fab model shops in Dusseldorf too.

20230116_103229.jpg

20230116_103224.jpg

Highly Recommend the Bierbrunnen, Rohwinkeler Str.21 for refreshment too, Top quality beer from the fountain.

20230113_151036.jpg

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 7

Yes, I got massive points for choosing the Holiday Inn Express (highly recommended and with excellent included breakfast buffet) in Wuppertal last September. The Schwabebahn was right outside the window and the other half was over the Moon to be able to watch trains every ten minutes or so!

Talking of German model shops, has anyone ventured into the HUGE one on the outside platforms at Munich - I've walked past loads of times, but always in a hurry to catch a train to or from Austria.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

@leslie10646 - I've been to that Model Railway shop at Munich railway station - it's called 'Gleis 11' because it's on Platform 11. It's been over ten years since I've been but, on mature recollection, it's very good. Have visited loads of model railway shops in Germany, it's the only reason I go there on my holidays.

@Georgeconna - What is the name of the model railway store you bought your narrow gauge locomotive in? Very tempted to head over to Germany this year as haven't been for a while. There's a place call 'All American Trains' in Dusseldorf I wouldn't mind visiting. Getting more into the North American model railroad stuff since ScaleTrains produced a model of the SDL39.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Was in Wuppertal over the weekend and found the most fantastic model shop I have ever been in (no doubt some of you would of been there too) Had my eye on these Leccys for a long time so picked one up there and two kinda suitable coaches..

Hope to do a small Winter layout 

Just need so build up a wee bit of stock and some track.

Fab model shops in Dusseldorf too.

20230116_103229.jpg

20230116_103224.jpg

Highly Recommend the Bierbrunnen, Rohwinkeler Str.21 for refreshment too, Top quality beer from the fountain.

20230113_151036.jpg

I presume you took a spin on the  Schwebebahn suspension monorail (dingle dangle railway😏

1 hour ago, amdaley said:

I presume you took a spin on the  Schwebebahn suspension monorail (dingle dangle railway😏

sure did, amazing bit of kit and you can get static models of same

Herpa WSW01 Schwebebahn Generation 15 - EU Rail FanEU Rail Fan

This is the link to the Store in Wuppertal, Bit of a hill climb but a 3 mins bus trip. They had trolley buses there too but none on the wires.

Matschke Modellauto * Modellbahn / Modelleisenbahn and more in Wuppertal

They have a virtual tour of the shop on the above link over on the right

The Dusseldorf one, great for tools

Menzels-Lokschuppen Onlineshop - Model railway dealer since 1979

• Thanks 1