Trains on planes

Rate this topic

raymurph

Quick question, hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm planning on flying (ryanair) from Liverpool airport to Cork in a few weeks with OO model trains in my hand luggage. Some are second hand and will be wrapped in bubble wrap not in original boxes. Anyone ever done this? I'm sure it's fine but just had a vision of security taking them off me.

Ray

18 minutes ago, raymurph said:

I'm planning on flying (ryanair) from Liverpool airport to Cork in a few weeks with OO model trains in my hand luggage. Some are second hand and will be wrapped in bubble wrap not in original boxes. Anyone ever done this? I'm sure it's fine but just had a vision of security taking them off me.

Ray

I think it’s no problem 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, raymurph said:

Ray

I’ve had no issues with model railway items on recent Ryanair flights from Edinburgh,Liverpool and Birmingham to Ireland West. 
Just explain at the security that you have model railway items in you baggage prior to it getting screened. 

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 3

I took a carry-on bag full of trains from Ireland to the US a few ago, security did look at the bag and they looked at the couplings and I advised, if they were to harm anyone, it's all over. I explained that they were model trains that belong to me. He checked with a supervisor and I was left go, that was pretty much it. 

• Like 1