-
Posts
160 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by raymurph
-
More progress on the town buildings. Pretty happy with this arrangement. Added far away hills as well. Next steps is to fix buildings in place and then do pavements and cobblestones around them. 20260928_211252_1.mp4
-
Finally made a start after 40 years.
raymurph replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
really impressive work -
very cool
-
great looking signal box
-
Drogheda MacBride Station And Platin Cement Factory
raymurph replied to Anders112's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Ballasting looks Great- 71 replies
-
- 2
-
-
-
I was kindly given a load of OO or HO buildings and now I'm trying to give away the ones that don't suit my layout. Free on collection from Cork City, DM me if you want em.
-
- 1
-
-
They are really gorgeous models. Many thanks IRM
-
Park Royals have arrived on the Barna layout. Unreal detail. Nice wieght to them too. Lights are the best I've experienced on a coach. 20260616_202140.mp4 20260616_202627.mp4
-
Ahh jaysus! Things getting worse.
-
Sorry about that Derek, sometimes I can download a video that won't play in the browser.
-
Thanks Tully, I think I'll block up the bottom section of that window as well, too distracting and I don't need the light.
-
Sorry I uploaded a pic I stead of the video: 20260410_170233.mp4
-
I'm having fun trying different arrangements for the buildings behind the red brick viaduct. And I've started a grey stone stairs down to the platform, definitely the most challenging structure I've attempted so far.
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
raymurph replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Very atmospheric, lovely photos -
There's always a reason to explain away our follies and whims! Here's a photo with my newly arrived palvans. Retaining wall mostly finished. I'll have to widen the gap between the wall and track though. It's removable so I can access the track to staging behind it and held in place by magnets.
-
Thanks JHB. It was planned to run both US and CIE outline, and for the scenery to be just about believable for either. This involves plenty of compromises of course. I opted for US style right hand running on the double main and Irish style high platforms for the station. I can only sleep at night by reminding myself that unstereotypical things exist on both rail systems like some rare high platform stations in the US. Actually is there someone on here more knowledgeable than me who can think of a right hand running section of double track in Ireland? Probably for some practical reason.
-
I'd love to do that actually, don't have any suitable camera yet . A future purchase
-
I've added retaining walls, by modifying the Metcalfe viaduct kit, to the approach to the main station. I'm also experimenting placing background buildings using test building prints from Sankey Secenics. I've added platforms and some more retaining walls to the station.
- 30 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
Finally got around to editing the video, here it is. Ray
-
Looks superb.
-
Fantastic Job!
-
RIP Paddy. Thank you for all the wonderful work you did for all of us.
-
Drogheda MacBride Station And Platin Cement Factory
raymurph replied to Anders112's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Very excited to see how this excellently researched layout progresses. Fair play for making a helix, a real challenge I'm sure!- 71 replies
-
As well as the superb buildings the backdrops look soooo good on your layout, excellent work.
- 69 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- o gauge layout
- irish outline
- (and 2 more)
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)