Locomotion Models.

Rate this topic

amdaley

Heads up to anyone ordering anything from locomotion Models.

When I ordered a loco I paid £20 Delivery only to be charged a further €20 by courier UPS as brokerage fees  ?. This brought the Total Carriage price to over £37.50 which is excessive by some margin.

If I had known they were using UPS I wouldn't have ordered the item at all.

Further I will be ordering no further items from Locomotion Models as long as they continue to use UPS which is a complete rip off.

I would find it very surprising that they don't know the type of charges customers face by using UPS & I find it very disappointing that they don't inform their customers that they are using UPS as their couriers.

Been caught once but won't get caught again.

I did send them an email complaining but didn't get an answer.

No surprise there I suppose 🙄

Edited by amdaley
  • Like 1
  • WOW! 1

2 hours ago, amdaley said:

Heads up to anyone ordering anything from locomotion Models.

When I ordered a loco I paid £20 Delivery only to be charged a further €20 by courier UPS as brokerage fees  ?. This brought the Total Carriage price to over £37.50 which is excessive by some margin.

If I had known they were using UPS I wouldn't have ordered the item at all.

Further I will be ordering no further items from Locomotion Models as long as they continue to use UPS which is a complete rip off.

I would find it very surprising that they don't know the type of charges customers face by using UPS & I find it very disappointing that they don't inform their customers that they are using UPS as their couriers.

Been caught once but won't get caught again.

I did send them an email complaining but didn't get an answer.

No surprise there I suppose 🙄

Standard craic on almost anything that is coming out of the UK now, they didnt say out loud that this was one of the effects of the B thing.

Get it send to friends in Norn Iron or use one of the parcels forwarding services (but not address pal), most UK retailers wont care, Ireland and overseas is less than 5% of their mail order output. Hattons so far is one of the few to set up for Irish customers

The other thing that UPS are good at is losing expensive parcels, while EVRI seem to be up to their old tricks again in UK, not delivering parcels but keeping them at their depot. Nothing to do with Brexit, just useless companies.

Stephen

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blaine said:

Standard craic on almost anything that is coming out of the UK now, they didnt say out loud that this was one of the effects of the B thing.

Get it send to friends in Norn Iron or use one of the parcels forwarding services (but not address pal), most UK retailers wont care, Ireland and overseas is less than 5% of their mail order output. Hattons so far is one of the few to set up for Irish customers

UPS have always been like that, Brexit or not.

I avoid them like the plague but got caught this time because Locomotion didn't say they were using them.