Locomotive drawings/diagrams

Rate this topic

228RiverOwenboy

Having asked a similar query myself last year, your best bet would probably be the IRRS archives, who've got digital scans of some GNR drawings for sale: https://irrs.ie/archives/maps_drawings/

The next best option would be to try the Ulster Transport museum or the RPSI, who might have some of those drawings somewhere in their archives. There might also be some in part of the Manchester Museum of Technology's Beyer Peacock collection, but good luck navigating that (Believe me, I've tried).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hadren has answered your query pretty completely.

The IRRS has digitised the drawings for the U, UG, T Tank, VS and V to name a few. Most are available as rather fine A5 books which would allow you to build a 12" to foot one! Also available as digital files. For a price, of course, years of work has gone into the project!

PM me and I'll give you a link to the custodian, Richard McLachlan.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, Hadren Railway said:

...There might also be some in part of the Manchester Museum of Technology's Beyer Peacock collection, but good luck navigating that (Believe me, I've tried).

Some of the drawings used to be available online but, since MMSI became part of the Science Museum group websites, all of the drawings have gone. The only way to get at them is to arrange a personal visit.

9 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Hadren has answered your query pretty completely.

The IRRS has digitised the drawings for the U, UG, T Tank, VS and V to name a few. Most are available as rather fine A5 books which would allow you to build a 12" to foot one! Also available as digital files. For a price, of course, years of work has gone into the project!

PM me and I'll give you a link to the custodian, Richard McLachlan.

Leslie

The email address given for irrsdrawings appears to be incorrect or doesn't illicit a response as have tried emailing it numerous times, but no reply was ever received.

Sorry that we can't help at present - a lack of volunteers in Dublin, compounded by the deaths of two of the Archive Team.

Post Lockdown, nothing is back to normal in Dublin on Tuesday nights (the Library Night, when it used to be possible to access the Archive in cpmpany with one of the Team) or with our drawings.

Following Covid and Lockdown, everything needs to be restructured, and it is taking a long time because it is complicated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...