MIR cement bubbles wanted

Rate this topic

gm171 kk

If you could get hold of some of the old style Kinder Eggs, a Dapol Prestwin Chassis and SSM's detailing etch, you would have no problem building one.

Maybe someone on here could tell you where you could pick up Kinder Eggs or an alternative body.

Ger.

Maybe someone on here could tell you where you could pick up Kinder Eggs.... <snip>

There's collections of the older Kinder eggs available on German ebay.

Search for 'Kinder Ei'

Here's one link (I think these are the ones you need) :

http://www.ebay.de/itm/20-Kinder-Uberraschungs-Eier-/140907680775?pt=%C3%9Cberraschungseier&hash=item20cec09407

...and here's the how-to:

http://newirishlines.org/2009/06/19/scratch-building-a-cie-cement-bubble/

-Rob

There's collections of the older Kinder eggs available on German ebay.

Search for 'Kinder Ei'

-Rob

Hi Rob,

the ones you put a link to are those which are described as "hinged" on MIL. The older ones look otherwise, they really consist of two separate shells. The design was changed some years ago because if you had an old egg, it was possible to shoot one half with the other which indeed was great fun for children (I also did so a bit more than only some years ago:)) but due to environmental aspects this is no more accepted (and probably also no more pc either, war games....) The term that was used over years for these chocolate and toy arrangements was "Überraschungsei" which is transcribed !"Ueberraschungsei".

I made an easy link for everyone wanting those capsules:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_nkw=%C3%9Cberraschungsei+kapsel&_sacat=0&_odkw=%C3%9Cberraschungsei&_osacat=0&_from=R40

The link is constructed as a search so if ebay does not change its selling system this link will be functional over a long time, always providing the items for sale now. But beware: You will get lots of work, the capsules are sold in big batches... :P

Cheers,

Gerhard.

P.S.: The ones that are best suited are the oldest ones. The newer ones have thos rings on the ends, but these can be cut off or sanded down on most of them. The ones with rings exist also in a shape with one ring and one kind of pushed-out section, cutting that off leaves a hole in the centre of the end; "Klapp-Kapseln" are those hinged ones.

Edited by Sentinel281