IRM A Class & MM 071/111 issues after accl/decel change

Rate this question

James R

Question

James here, newbie. Hello to all 😊

My IRM A class has stopped moving while the sound works fine. The only adjustments I made on my Hornby Elite controller was to adjust the acceleration and deceleration rates. Is this a common problem and how could I fix this?

Also after the same adjustments my MM Class 111 continues to emit the squeaking breaking sound about a second after the loco has already stopped. How could I adjust this so the sound stops when the loco stops moving?

thanks in advance,

James

12 answers to this question

Hi James,

The Hornby Elite is known as a problematic controller, I would suggest trying the locos on a friends controller of better quality if you can! This would eliminate your controller from the programming/test of the locos and see what happens then.

You should consider upgrading to a better controller- Roco Multimaus is a good starter, Roco Z21 would be next but more expensive, and there is more......

Eoin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you. I got the Elite because I thought it would partner the HM7000 system well having initially been impressed with it, until I watched Jenny Kirks video on the various sound profiles available and I’m left thinking not only is the speaker inadequate but the sound files aren’t up to scratch at all. So I’ll get a new controller and forget about the HM 7000 for the moment. I may as well invest and get one that everyone recommends - which one controller would be the best do you think?

thanks,

james 

3 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Hi Jim, welcome on board
We use Gaugemaster Prodigy controllers in the MRSI
We find them easy to use and all the functions you will need
Where are you based? Why not drop down some Weds or Friday evening and I can give you a test run, followed by some weak
tea and a few stale biscuits

Thank you.

I’m based near Belfast. Where is the MRSI based?

I will check out the prodigy. The NEM power cab pops up quite a bit as a recommendation too…

james 

2 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

We are in Dublin. unfortunately
The NEM is similar to the Power Cab but I find it harder to use
Maybe try Bangor for a club there are 2 there  
North Down MRC
https://www.ndmrs.org.uk/
First Bangor MRC
http://www.firstbangormrc.co.uk/

Sorry typo, NCE Powercab I meant. 

Thank you for the information. 

james