Inchicore Works traversers & internal shunting

Rate this question

dave182

Question

I was looking at some images of the traversers at Inchicore Works, specifically the longer one at the carriage shops, and that got me wondering if Inchicore had anything like a small roadrailer or locotractor for moving coaches and locos in and out of the sheds onto the traverser? Specifically in the 80s and 90s time period. Anyone can shed some light on this? 

On another thread on this forum, member @Niles mentions there is a Zephir LOK 1400 at Inchicore. This might be a more recent addition. 

Edited by dave182

1 answer to this question

46 minutes ago, dave182 said:

I was looking at some images of the traversers at Inchicore Works, specifically the longer one at the carriage shops, and that got me wondering if Inchicore had anything like a small roadrailer or locotractor for moving coaches and locos in and out of the sheds onto the traverser? Specifically in the 80s and 90s time period. Anyone can shed some light on this? 

On another thread on this forum, member @Niles mentions there is a Zephir LOK 1400 at Inchicore. This might be a more recent addition. 

shunting on and off traversers is done with a forklift with a coupling attachment these days. Dunno about 80s and 90s

• Like 1