Good News Story!

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

I have an interest in this, through three friends being "on the spectrum", and the daughter of another friend of mine from years ago. While many might joke, it's a fact that this condition lends itself to an interest in all things mechanical; car enthusiast groups involving detailed restoration of old vehicles also attracts folks with this condition. It is a massively positive thing to see this group specifically encouraging people in this way - the railway enthusiast world in general might take note....

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I have an interest in this, through three friends being "on the spectrum", and the daughter of another friend of mine from years ago. While many might joke, it's a fact that this condition lends itself to an interest in all things mechanical; car enthusiast groups involving detailed restoration of old vehicles also attracts folks with this condition. It is a massively positive thing to see this group specifically encouraging people in this way - the railway enthusiast world in general might take note....

It certainly makes a change from the feral vandalism and theft we've tended to see over the last few years 

Edited by Horsetan