Layout featuring Arklow Station

Rate this question

dave182

Question

Hi guys. There were some pictures on one of the old sites featuring a layout with Arklow Station modelled. Anyone able to tell me more about it? I think it may have been a club layout, just wondering if it is still in existance? Can't find pictures on the old site, but the layout may not have had 'Arklow' in its name. Any help appreciated!

8 answers to this question

I've trawled the internet and still can't find ant reference. If I remember right, we had a 'picture of the month' on one of the former sites, and a picture featured here for a while- it showed 2 141's on a track panel train passing through the station. The station model captured brilliantly the signal box and footbridge, and I think the cement store featured as well.

Hi guys. There were some pictures on one of the old sites featuring a layout with Arklow Station modelled. Anyone able to tell me more about it? I think it may have been a club layout, just wondering if it is still in existance? Can't find pictures on the old site, but the layout may not have had 'Arklow' in its name. Any help appreciated!

Hi Dave,

I think the site you are looking for is http://www.freewebs.com/2810gricer/apps/photos/album?albumid=4749177

Josefstadt you legend! Thanks for that, that's the one alright! Sulzer, thanks for that info too. Anyone know if this layout still exists? It looks like the work of the Wexford Model Railway club, judging by the stock running on it.