Hornby report a loss for the last year.

Rate this topic

Broithe

That Olympics deal really did bite them on the arse. And reading about the quality of their latest locos it could go from bad to worse for them...

Agree FraN, the 4VEP is a disaster compared to the Bachmann 4CEP. The class 31 chassis from the first batch are crumbling. Some people have had problems with the 67. The class 60 and 08 were and still are at the top of the pile. However I do think that Bachmann are leading the way, followed by Dapol.

Rich,

Agree FraN, the 4VEP is a disaster compared to the Bachmann 4CEP. The class 31 chassis from the first batch are crumbling. Some people have had problems with the 67. The class 60 and 08 were and still are at the top of the pile. However I do think that Bachmann are leading the way, followed by Dapol.

Rich,

I read the reviews for the recently released big GWR tank locos. By the sounds of it they're really cutting corners with horrible moulded handles and chassis design. I have a Duke and P2 on order but I fear for them with this 'design clever' speak...

And yes, Bachmann in particular are streets ahead. My most recent purchases from them are the 85 and Blue Pullman. Excellent models. Tempted by the 4F. Hopefully it will have tender pickups.

And yes, Bachmann in particular are streets ahead. My most recent purchases from them are the 85 and Blue Pullman. Excellent models. Tempted by the 4F. Hopefully it will have tender pickups.

Don't forget the LMS 2-4-2T tank loco and the stunning models of the former GWR dukedogs :)