Westcorkrailway Posted July 1 Posted July 1 41 minutes ago, airfixfan said: Are rhe disel trips planned the next 2 months now cancelled? Why would they be cancelled?
Tractionman Posted July 2 Posted July 2 (edited) 6 hours ago, airfixfan said: Are rhe disel trips planned the next 2 months now cancelled? The August one has disappeared from the events page https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/trainsevents Edited July 2 by Tractionman
Mol_PMB Posted July 2 Posted July 2 I don't think either has opened for bookings, and it's getting fairly short notice for the August one now. On the last trip I did hear some comment about difficulties getting a suitable path. Hopefully the RPSI will soon confirm one way or the other. 1 1
airfixfan Posted July 16 Author Posted July 16 With less than 4 weeks until the Galway Railtour. Any updates guys?
airfixfan Posted July 17 Author Posted July 17 See August 8th trip has vanished from RPSI website. Dublin hotel now cancelled before I get charged fof cancelling 1
Mol_PMB Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Thanks for the update. This trip was tempting me, but I had held off booking travel and accommodation until I was sure it was going ahead.
Westcorkrailway Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Ive heard conflicting reports from RPSI volunteers. But from what I’ve heard it seems to be cancelled 1
airfixfan Posted July 18 Author Posted July 18 Railtour in 3 weeks time is back on RPSI websire. The hotel room I cancelled yesterday is now 82 Euros more expensive! 1
airfixfan Posted July 26 Author Posted July 26 Railtour in 2 weeks time still on RPSI website but no updates?
Mol_PMB Posted July 26 Posted July 26 7 minutes ago, airfixfan said: Railtour in 2 weeks time still on RPSI website but no updates? Still no link to book tickets. Cutting it fine, especially for those that have to travel to and stay in Dublin. I'm sure the RPSI team are even more frustrated than the potential passengers. I've made other plans now anyway.
airfixfan Posted July 26 Author Posted July 26 Same here when I cancelled hotel in Dublin for 8/8//26 a week ago
Blaine Posted July 27 Posted July 27 20 hours ago, Mol_PMB said: Still no link to book tickets. Cutting it fine, especially for those that have to travel to and stay in Dublin. I'm sure the RPSI team are even more frustrated than the potential passengers. I've made other plans now anyway. They don't care ultimately, best way to support them is to do what you have done and find something else to do
Sea Breezer Posted July 27 Posted July 27 https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/cu-na-mara-071-class-diesel-railtour-tickets-1995472789831?aff=ebdssbdestsearch 2
Tractionman Posted July 28 Posted July 28 (edited) Rpsi link https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/whats-on/25/cu-na-mara "As with previous diesel railtours this one is sure to be very popular and will sell out quickly so don't delay, and get your booking in as soon as possible." Edited July 28 by Tractionman
airfixfan Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 Dublin Hotels prices are outrageous that weekend now 1
Tractionman Posted July 29 Posted July 29 (edited) 1 hour ago, airfixfan said: Dublin Hotels prices are outrageous that weekend now sometimes worth checking TCD rooms, but yes even these are not cheap! https://www.visittrinity.ie/stay/book/#!/accommodation/search/date/2026-08-07/2026-08-08?lang=en Dublin Airport Premier Inn is also around the £120 mark, and good access by bus to the city centre? Edited July 29 by Tractionman 1
airfixfan Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 Thanks had a room prebooked at srnsible prices but cancelled it when I could srill cancel for free 1
airfixfan Posted August 5 Author Posted August 5 Glad I waited will now go on the Sea Breeze on 16/8 instead. 2
Tractionman Posted August 5 Posted August 5 4 minutes ago, airfixfan said: Glad I waited will now go on the Sea Breeze on 16/8 instead. on a Sunday too, which makes things logistically slightly easier (for me!) with things like parking and a 10.40 departure time is quite civilised! 1
airfixfan Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago Would like to do Tralee on October 17th. Hotel prices in Dublin on Sat 17th are ridiciulous 1
Tractionman Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 19 minutes ago, airfixfan said: Would like to do Tralee on October 17th. Hotel prices in Dublin on Sat 17th are ridiciulous is it because of the school half term? very little for less than 150 these days, try the airport Premier Inn perhaps? easy to get the bus in from there.
Mol_PMB Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago I'd love to do the Tralee diesel trip but I've already booked to be in Dublin the following weekend for the model railway exhibition and IRRS events including the steam trip to Thurles. My life is too busy to go to Ireland twice in a month, and my fond memories of diesel traction to Tralee are this shape (my pic): I sometimes stay at the Marine Hotel in Sutton, which is good and can be cheap out of season. The DART station may be a bit of a trek for you but the buses stop closer. Or if I want to be close to Heuston, Phoenix Park hotel can be a good option. I've ended up in a couple of terrible, overpriced dives in Dublin in the past. It's not a cheap place to visit! 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now