Stephen Morris RIP

Rate this topic

chunkrail

Stephen Mc.Nally a good friend in model railway world has sadly passed away last Saturday July 20th in Switzerland while on a railway holiday. It was nice to hear that he passed away whilst doing the hobby he loved. Stephen is well known at shows where he accompanied his son in law Michael Morris who supplies metcalfe and other building kits.I always thought that Stephen was Michaels Dad but its only now that I`ve found out he was his Father in law. Stephen`s great saying was " I`m going for the cure " which some of us know is a smoke of the pipe of course.His attendance at the Wexford show in october was a great excuse to visit the opera and it was funny to see both Stephen & Mick going out of the model exhibition in Wexford heading to the opera house in the suits. He will be sadly missed by us all in Wexford as well as all around the country and on behalf of everyone at the St.Joseph`s Easter Model Show and Wexford Model Railway Club I offer my condolences to Michael Morris and all of Stephens family.

Stephen`s arrangements are as follows: Stephen`s remains will arrive back in Dublin on Monday July 29th and will go directly to Kirwans Funeral Home in Fairview where removal will take place Tuesday evening arriving at Foxrock Church for 6.30pm. Funeral mass will be on Wednesday at 10am with burial afterwards in Deansgrange Cemetery.

Rest in peace dear friend until we meet again.

Donal Fallon, WMRC.

Edited by chunkrail

Thanks Wrenneire for the tip. I`ve known Stephen for the past five years and I and others in Wexford always thought that Stephen was Micks Dad but now I know it was his Father in Law. He was a lovely man and is probably laughing at me now from up there.

I have changed the first post to his name which is Stephen Mc.Nally.

So sorry to hear of the sad news like Donal I have only known Stephen

for the last 5 years but we had great chats together October will not be

the same as Stephen loved his Opera trips

My deepest sympathies to his family and our thoughts are with them all

May he Rest in Peace

David Heath WRMC

• 2 weeks later...