Rate this topic

leslie10646

Hall 5, NEC Birmingham

Opening times:

Saturday

0915 (Advance tickets only); 0945 - 1800

Sunday

0915 (Advance tickets only); 0945 - 1700

I will be running the Irish Railway Record Society stand - E05 - where you will find Irish books, recent and out of print; IRRS publications, including back-number Journals; AND Richard McLachlan's brilliant reproductions of the steam loco drawings from the IRRS Archive. You can even JOIN the Society - all Irish modellers should be members!

There will also be a small display of models from our respective collections.

While I will not be selling Provincial Wagons at Warley, if you wish to order wagons and pre-pay them, you can pick them up at the stand and save on postage.

We are located beside Baile Cois Farraige (E04), so maybe I can persuade the boys to run some of my wagons? Also Dun Ut Riain (E03), which sounds Irish to my Northern ears - but I can find no reference to it on the Internet!

Quite a little celtic enclave?

Éirinn go Brách (even after today's showing against Australia!)

We look forward to seeing you there.

Leslie and Richard

Leslie

You were beside this layout at Bangor earlier this year

I am not looking forward to getting old..........

About half way down this page Leslie:

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/1812-Photos-from-Bangor-Exhibition

No, I wasn't - it was on the other side of the hall, but thanks for the heads-up!

I thought it was brilliant, but the name escaped me - it'll knock 'em dead at Warley - a model railway with a difference! I wonder how many of the English will know that their great great grandparents' taxes paid for the original?

Dave, you're right about the growing old bit - not only the loss of memory, but the aches and pains when you crawl under the layout!

Leslie

Well done the Lads! Only won the Mayor of Sandwell's Prize for Baile Cois Farraige!

There was a crowd 2/3 deep in front of the layout, delighting young and old throughout the two days. In stark contrast to the 40/50 foot long Fremo layout behind us which had almost nothing happening on it and no-one watching it, apart from its operators - it looked beautiful, but exhibition layout it was not!

Well done, MRSI and in your Golden Anniversary year.

Leslie