carriage resprays

Rate this question

richrua

Question

13 answers to this question

That looks to be a mk2 pressure vent. It can be sprayed in either maroon/blue, blue/grey or intercity sector livery to represent an NIR mk2 coach. Alrernatively, it can be painted in IE livery, as a number of mk2 pressure vents where bought from BR in the 1990s.

For something a wee but different, you could also paint it in RPSI lined green livery, as per the Belfast based mk2 set

Rich - my knowledge of MK II's is slim, my photos even slimmer, but I reckon the lads may be right that NIR is the way forward. IE used to have a "composite" variant, split in two if I remember, but the windows dont match your donor. If done right, proper decals and all, I'd not get excited if I saw it on a layout, but others might.

5155 Mk 2 Composite.jpg

Photo by GM134 from only 9 years ago...

R

4113-S212.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13224[/ATTACH]

hi folks

is this any use as a carriage respray ? not sure what 'mark' it is sorry

IE had four,4101,02,08,10 same as murphys Bachmann mk2s a few years back just repaint,never ran on NIR unless you go down the RPSI road.

Thank you very much for the photos Glenderg, because especially photos of the IE Mk2 a/b/c are very rare, I'm still searching for one of the restaurant coaches (4401, 4402) form both sides.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13255[/ATTACH] The first coach is a Lima Mk2b FK, which can be convertet to a IE or to an NIR coach, the second is an resprayed Lima Mk2b SO, six of them were owned by the NIR and one is now in ownership of the RPSI, the next one is a IE Mk2d composite. It was convertet from an Airfix Mk2d FO an an Hornby Mk2d BSO, the problem is to get the right length so it fits right back on the chassis- you will mention the crack. The toilet vents are also on the wrong site just as the INTERCITY -Logo ( I also saw photos where the logo is on the door, are the two types?). The last is the same as your coach and will be resprayed into a IE Mk2a, when I have the correct dutch generator van.

Does anybody know where I can get etched windows for the Mk2 a/b/c coaches? I need them for modelling NIR 547.

Thank you very much for the photos Glenderg, because especially photos of the IE Mk2 a/b/c are very rare, I'm still searching for one of the restaurant coaches (4401, 4402) form both sides.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13255[/ATTACH] The first coach is a Lima Mk2b FK, which can be convertet to a IE or to an NIR coach, the second is an resprayed Lima Mk2b SO, six of them were owned by the NIR and one is now in ownership of the RPSI, the next one is a IE Mk2d composite. It was convertet from an Airfix Mk2d FO an an Hornby Mk2d BSO, the problem is to get the right length so it fits right back on the chassis- you will mention the crack. The toilet vents are also on the wrong site just as the INTERCITY -Logo ( I also saw photos where the logo is on the door, are the two types?). The last is the same as your coach and will be resprayed into a IE Mk2a, when I have the correct dutch generator van.

Does anybody know where I can get etched windows for the Mk2 a/b/c coaches? I need them for modelling NIR 547.

Shawplan Laserglaze. Expensive but looks damn good http://www.shawplan.com/extreme_coachandunit_Laserglaze_4mm.html

I think southeastern Finecast do it too.