Awesome Diorama

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

Great stuff.

Rudel's book, Stuka Pilot, is well worth hunting down. The only book that I've ever read in one go. I borrowed it from the local library, just on the off-chance that it might be interesting - and was up until four in the morning to finish it. If it was fiction, it would be silly. I wrote to the English publisher and he sent me the last copy that he had in his garage at home. It's out on loan at the moment, but I must read it again. They do turn up regularly enough, though. There is also a photographic book about him by Gunther Just which contains some crazy pictures.

I'm near speechless, this diorama is just wow.

http://dioramas-and-models.com/Hans%20Ulrich%20Rudel%20and%20his%20Stuka.html

Scroll to the bottom to see the finished product I'm sure it will amaze you all.

absolutely stunning work! the Stuka was one of my favourite aircraft of the war - a real menacing looking girl - i can only emagine what it was like to be on the receiveing end of her guns!

Edited by heirflick

absolutely stunning work! the Stuka was one of my favourite aircraft of the war - a real menacing looking aircraft - i can only emagine what it was like to be on the receiveing end of her guns!

The Stuka still has a bad press in the UK, but it was Rudel's plane of choice, right to the end. He was shot down 32 times, but never by another aircraft, always ground fire. He believed that a Stuka would always get you back. There are some astonishing pictures of damaged aircraft that still flew back home.

Junkers-Ju87-Crashes-Part-2-30.jpg

Only two planes left - neither is anywhere near flying - now or ever again - replicas would be the only way. They used Miles Magisters in the Battle of Britain film. Stuka production ended before the war finished and numbers were well down by the end, anyway.

Rudel's book - http://www.jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/Stuka%20Pilot%20-%20Hans%20Ulrich%20Rudel.pdf - in a big pdf, although, it's not a particularly long book - I do recommend it to anybody interested in this sort of thing, though.