Double stack & triple stack GUINNESS Keg Containers

Rate this question

Irishswissernie

Question

I have just acquired some of the IRISH Freight shop Guinness wagons which have the 2 varieties of containers. Now all my photos from my visits in 2000 to 2006 only show the triple stack variety actually in use on wagons apart from a couple at Dundalk in October 2000. Does anyone know if the double stack type was more commonly used in the 2000 to 2006 period and were the 2 types mixed on wagons.

Thanks Ernie

4 answers to this question

I was using your photos as a reference for the very same query. You have pics of the double stack containers in use in 2001 and 2004 on the Waterford liners.

b Waterford 217 June 2001 a067

b Waterford Goods June 2001 a095

e Waterford Oct 2004 DSC00953

I also recall seeing them in Kilkenny (although never on the wagons) in 03 and 04. Your archives are an excellent resource by the way!

I was using your photos as a reference for the very same query. You have pics of the double stack containers in use in 2001 and 2004 on the Waterford liners.

b Waterford 217 June 2001 a067

b Waterford Goods June 2001 a095

e Waterford Oct 2004 DSC00953

I also recall seeing them in Kilkenny (although never on the wagons) in 03 and 04. Your archives are an excellent resource by the way!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

I checked that set as well! Thanks

Ernie