Who makes up model kits?

Rate this question

jhb171achill

Question

Just wondering who might be out there who undertakes commissions for making up intricate models like quality steam loco brass kits?

My own skills would fall very far short of what's necessary. I have a J15 and a B1a (800) and for me to even contemplate assembling either would be wanton vandalism!

PM me privately - or, perhaps, someone might like to formally advertise their services, as I know there are those who carry out such work.

9 answers to this question

Just wondering who might be out there who undertakes commissions for making up intricate models like quality steam loco brass kits?

My own skills would fall very far short of what's necessary. I have a J15 and a B1a (800) and for me to even contemplate assembling either would be wanton vandalism!

PM me privately - or, perhaps, someone might like to formally advertise their services, as I know there are those who carry out such work.

Wonderful Weathering make and build kits and obviously, he does painting and weathering too.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderful-weathering/111818828902939

The guy's name is Georgeconna on this site.

Perhaps contact des aka weshty - he has a hitlist of brassmasters who have form, and most of them are in the uk i believe. Aside from the great Tony Mirolo and Sirs Kearney and Flanagan in Ireland, I can't think of any else quite skilled in crankpins and rods and smeagol solder to do it. If you can get georgeconna to do it though, you're in for a bloody special treat. R.