N Class DCC

Rate this question

burnthebox

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Tony & many thanks, I 'm not going to take that on ever, no matter how easy it seem's, but I'll get it done, with sound some time early next year, getting it fitted with speaker shouldn't be too difficult, ?????? should it!!!! I have one with a decoder fitted, so getting sound should not pse too big a problem!!

Hi anyone on her ever tried to convert an N Class into DCC, thanks in advance, :tumbsup:

I have fitted DCC Loksound soundchips to two of Murphy Models N Class locos. There is room in the coal tender to fit an 8-pin socket, sound chip and a Bass Reflex speaker (facing down to the track). I even managed two LED oil lamps on front which work regardless of direction of travel! I used the sound project from Southwest Digital which is quite impressive with a coasting feature. A third MM N Class I fitted with a non-sound chip. No room unfortunately for smoke units but these can be difficult to get to work properly.

I have fitted DCC Loksound soundchips to two of Murphy Models N Class locos. There is room in the coal tender to fit an 8-pin socket, sound chip and a Bass Reflex speaker (facing down to the track). I even managed two LED oil lamps on front which work regardless of direction of travel! I used the sound project from Southwest Digital which is quite impressive with a coasting feature. A third MM N Class I fitted with a non-sound chip. No room unfortunately for smoke units but these can be difficult to get to work properly.

Nice job, any photos of that N class? I have four that I will want to add at least a chip or sound and some lighting to eventually

Anyone managed a firebox in an N?