Belfast Model Shop DCC Sound Issue

Rate this question

Warbonnet

Question

I have reposted this topic for user 'Hutchiebus' instead of using the blog as it's not a blog and it may get more help here. Please post replies on this thread. Thank you.

I am having problems with a Belfast Model Shop class 201 decoder/sound card. The speed is fixed at a snails pace and I cannot achieve in increased activity. It's as if the loco is stuck on notch 1. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

7 answers to this question

A friend recently had a similar problem with a loco fitted with a Zimo decoder and asked me to check it out. I could find nothing wrong with it, and it worked fine on my Lenz system. He also was using the same Lenz system, but the loco would only run at a crawl on his. I carried out a factory reset to his Lenz control unit, not the handset, and, hey presto, the loco ran fine after that.

I am having problems with a Belfast Model Shop class 201 decoder/sound card. The speed is fixed at a snails pace and I cannot achieve in increased activity. It's as if the loco is stuck on notch 1. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Hi HB. What sound decoder is it - ESU LokSound (Murphy Models supplied) or Zimo?

Check CV5 is not set at too low a value (i.e. Max Voltage values between 0 and 255). Try setting it to 255 on your DCC test track, and see if that makes any difference by testing on your main track. Also check what CV3 and CV4 are set to (Acceleration and deceleration), just in case the acceleration delay was set too high.

Noel

PS: Make a note of any CV values before you change them in case you need to revert back.