Photographic Website Updates

Rate this topic

DSC_9129-S.jpg

A nice photo to start off the year :tumbsup:

A couple of recent ones on my Flickr of the RPSI Mince Pie special:

15944499779_700b61e2f8_n.jpgGNR(I) V Class 85 'Merlin' passing Gormanston with RPSI 'Mince Pie' special by Eiretrains, on Flick

16104787406_fb1718ec0f_n.jpgIE 29407 passing MP.25 Gormanston by Eiretrains, on Flickr

And couple of older ones :)

16176037922_bbac6f9384_n.jpgIE 088 passing Cloney with the Ballina - Waterford DFDS by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15989351658_13ba4142c1_n.jpgIE 088 passing Hybla with Ballina - Warerford DFDS by Eiretrains, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Eiretrains

A change is always welcome, have been photographing the 29000s since they arrived in 2003 and now they're worth photographing again, the new livery actually reminds much of the old CIE green carriages, if only they could add a white stripe :)

Edited by Eiretrains

Noel, you obviously don't know Jerry Whistler & his love of 'Green Goddesses'!!!!!!!

No I don't, who is Jerry?

... the new livery actually reminds much of the old CIE green carriages, if only they could add a white stripe :)

I was thinking just the same. :) Well perhaps a very light green stripe.

Evening all,

A few from me (sort of) this evening

I have been given some photos of 087 and the 201's I was missing as indiviual photos by Peter076. These can be viewed here -

One photo that missed out on being published in 2014 was this one of the Weedsprayer tanks at Portlaoise - Weedsprayer, 29/12/14

And finally January 2015 kicks off with a couple of photos from Portlaoise PW -

Regards,

Kieran

Good evening all,

First, a bit of history. It has been 1 year since the last 6-car Class 22000 operated on the network. The honour fell to 22040 and it worked the 1810 Heuston - Portlaoise commuter service. This allowed it to return to Laois Traincare Depot where 22540 was removed and would be placed into 22020. A photo of it after arrival into Portlaoise may be seen here - The Last 6 Car. 22040 stands at Portlaoise, 13/1/14

From today (13/1/15), some snowy pictures from Portlaoise -

Thanks for looking,

Kieran

Good afternoon all,

Today has been an ununsual day. Due to the failure of the 0600 Cork - Heuston at Newbridge (no idea what the problem was), trains were running late across the Heuston network. And of course it had snowed. I decided to head for Hazelhatch for some different photos, but ended up spending about 10 minutes there due to late running.

Here are the photos -

Regards,

Kieran

Good evening all,

Futher to The Wanderer's post above, I was at Hazelhatch to observe the powered wheel skate trials with 220. However, I was present from the first trip out and include photos of the IWT's and PWD workings.

Highlights include:

079 LE to the south

218 on the 0935 North Wall - Ballina IWT

233 on the 0815 Ballina - North Wall IWT

086 on the 1150 Inchicore - Limerick

Wheel Skate details

075 on PWD duties

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hurricanemk1c/sets/72157650314059105/

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Kieran

Good evening all,

A bumper 55 picture update to the website tonight which contains images from the last several days at:

- Heuston.

- Abbey Street (LUAS)

- Portlaoise

- Portarlington

- Clara

- Athlone

- Attymon

- Galway

- WRC between Athenry and Sixmilebridge.

- Limerick

- Nenagh

- Ballybrophy

- Cherryville

- The Curragh.

Also, unusually today the IWT Liner operated from North Wall to Ballina at the request of the Customer.

All the pictures can be viewed at http://smu.gs/1B5t5fk

Enjoy,

The Wanderer.

DSC_9514-S.jpg

DSC_9583-S.jpg

DSC_9656-S.jpg

Evening folks,

Some images from the past couple of days:

Thursday:

Portlaoise and Heuston, includes 077 running L.E. from Inchicore to Portlaoise.

Friday:

Portarlington Station.

Saturday:

Visits to Monasterevin, Hybla and Kildare for the IWT Liners and the PWD Steel Train from Belview to Portlaoise.

Click http://smu.gs/1BokBjA to view.

The Wanderer.

IMG_20150122_180945-S.jpg

DSC_9807-S.jpg

Morning all,

Since introduction, the MKIV fleet has operated services on the Cork mainline. Yesterday, a trial train operated from Mallow to Tralee to allow gauging clearance for the MKIV carriages on the Kerry Road. The MKIV set 4008 operated with "River Flesk" GM 217 . Not sure if the choice of loco was a coincidence or not (River Flesk is in Kerry). The reason for the clearance allows the MKIV fleet to be used on private charters & G.A.A. spls out of Tralee/Killarney/Millstreet.

Photos can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

16210106269_25cd6db6a5_n.jpg

Finbarr.