Grange Castle's Buses

Rate this topic

Grange Castle

Something a little different

[attach=config]5948[/attach]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5949[/ATTACH]

Briliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it, love it, love it ! 10 KDs, sounds like you've too many, wanna get rid of some ? ha ha. Your right about the destination adding realisim. We mustta been near neighbours back then in the days of the 2er A.

Edited by Grange Castle

Thats only 2 KD's out of 10.....i love doing Strange Garage Destinations & half scrolled......adds realism

.i hope to have a surprise model or 2 from your wishlist in a few weeks.....so we'll see.......

I always loved the KD on the 22A i remember it Roarin by my road & you could still here it going around Bangor Circle..........

Keep an eye out for a Kit of the KC Single Decker in October........

Hi GS1345,

Is the KC Kit by Jim Poots,

Eamon.

• 2 months later...
Where do you source all these Jonny?

I pick most of them up of ebay Kevin but the problem is as the Atlas releases goes on the newer models are harder to get and prices on ebay are shocking, but i look for the items which aren't attracting too much attention and that are worded differently ( people leaving off 1/76 or Atlas in the listing could easily save a tenner or more ! ) I picked up this coach for £25 stg but i have seen them go for £60stg so it pays to hold off and wait. The biomass truck I got for 30 stg next day three where listed for £70-£80, all sold. Even at the prices i pay the seller is making a nice profit but the high end sellers are raking it in !

I have just looked at the Atlas Editions website & one of the T&C's is residing in Great Britain and Northern Ireland:mad:

Yes Brian/Kevin this was the problem, I emailed them several times and each time told no. Not sure but I heard it might be licence related i.e they haven't permission to sell the stobart brand outside the UK. That could be completely wrong but it sounds possible.

But never one to give up I've found a way and i'm now recieving the atlas range directly.... :banana: But i'm only at the start and they only send one out every 3-4 weeks so its gonna take awhile ! For me getting them direct is just a safetynet so i dont miss out on any hard to get ones. I'll still be buying a few of each if possible, only modern livery though, not into the old look :)

Jonny I bought my first 4 from Atlas and then gave it up. I didn't think they where going to produce the whole fleet. I am going to see if I can pick up where I left off. The range is impressive as each model comes out

Ah if i knew you where giving up i'd have told you. Hopefully you can pick up where you left off. Although on the plus side if you do have to start again the first two are nice and you can never have too many of them. Not gone on 3 & 4 though.

• 5 months later...

Very nice looking model Grange Castle. Not much into busses but it has great detail it must be said. On a related note... were you at the South Dublin Model Railway show at the weekend? Very nice new releases from Oxford Diecast making their debut. Scania Irizar in Bus Eireann Eurolines livery. Nearly picked one up, but the new BP Oil tanker release stole my heart (and Wallet) first!

Very nice looking model Grange Castle. Not much into busses but it has great detail it must be said. On a related note... were you at the South Dublin Model Railway show at the weekend? Very nice new releases from Oxford Diecast making their debut. Scania Irizar in Bus Eireann Eurolines livery. Nearly picked one up, but the new BP Oil tanker release stole my heart (and Wallet) first!

Yes I was at the show, I have a scania on the way at the moment, not my favourite livery but i still have to get one :D