Tullamore.

Rate this topic

Broithe

Lovely shot of the river and architecture (apart from that ridiculous eyesore of a bridge for disable access). I wish that more prototypically correct Irish model architecture was available.

Seems like a few tracks have disappeared since fishplate's photo

There's actually two of those new bridges now, the second one has appeared since my last visit in 2010 - at least the old crane survived the installation of that one.

Ah, I see what you mean now - I was talking about the new bridges over the canal, rather than the station's lift/bridge...

the new bridges over the canal

There is some rather modern-looking fencing associated with the new canal bridges, but the older black canal fences are more in keeping, I think. It's fairly obvious that the horizontal rails are modern steel pipe, but the uprights really do look the part, even though they aren't the hollow cast iron posts that they appear to be. They are actually solid concrete, as evidenced by a few that have been damaged over the years.

There's actually two of those new bridges now, the second one has appeared since my last visit in 2010 - at least the old crane survived the installation of that one.

Ah, I see what you mean now - I was talking about the new bridges over the canal, rather than the station's lift/bridge...

No, you were correct. I was referring mainly to the bridge on the canal, although the station is not far behind. I did see the old crane and I'm glad at least someone had the foresight to work it into the progress.

No, you were correct. I was referring mainly to the bridge on the canal, although the station is not far behind. I did see the old crane and I'm glad at least someone had the foresight to work it into the progress.

Neither of the canal footbridges seems to be particularly 'necessary'. They're only a hundred yards each side of the Arden Road bridge, which has footpaths on both sides and a crossing in the middle.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...