Brendan,Irish layout

Rate this topic

trainboy

Guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. Unfortunately, I can’t take credit for building this layout. I was lucky enough to find it on eBay several years ago. It was built by an Boeing engineer who frequently travelled to the uk on business and got interested in the British railway scene. I did add some Irish structures and added street and building lights. I run MM gm locos with both passenger , freight and some cattle wagons. I bought most of the freight stock from Marks models in Dublin. The passenger cars are Cravens coaches and some Park royals I bought from Irish freight models. On many of my passenger coaches I added people and lighting (train tech coach lighting). These lighting strips are easy to add and are powered by battery. I used woodland scenic led lights for street and building lights. Again, ‘plug in’ type lights that are easy to setup. I also have some of the new cement bubbles and ballast wagons from IRM. Expensive models, but beautifully detailed. All of my locos are chipped running on dcc. I live in southern California, so I don't get to see much of the Irish stuff in real life. Looking forward to the MM 121 class release, and  hopefully a release of some metro vickers before the next ice age. Regards and best wishes for the new year.

brendan