Waterslide Transfers Lifting

Rate this question

GNRi1959

Question

Whats happening to my freshly applied Railtec transfers. I've just applied them to the sides of a 9 ton Van and as it dries the edges of the lettering is shrinking and lifting. How long after fixing transfers should I seal them?

Edit: Found this excellent video! 

Edited by GNRi1959

6 answers to this question

I bought myself some Microset and started work on a Dapol open wagon that was going to satisfy me as a quick conversion. I applied the waterslide transfers as per instruction onto the Microset treated planking and as you can see from the photo, the lettering started curling as it dried. I think they may be out of date as I bought them almost 2 years ago . What do you think?

IMG_2345.JPG

Edited by GNRi1959

I brush on microset and set the decal on that area. Use micro sol straight away by brushing on to the decal if it is going on an uneven surface. The micro sol will make the decal curl up but over the next 24 hours it will soften the decal and it will set into ridges and recessess such as between planks on a wagon like the one in your picture. I have used decals that are a couple of years old using this method and never had any problems.

HTH

Rich,