Numerals for CIE / IE diesels

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

All too often, lettering, numerals and crests on models are way too overscale (and often the wrong colour).

I have two Murphy 141s and I was thinking of renumbering them. Does anyone know where replacement numerals can be had of the exact size and shape of the (correct to scale) numbers on the Murphy ones?

This will also apply to models of A, C, G and B101 classes, which are often seen with modern “arial” style font, which is too big, too thick and entirely the wrong font.

CIE used a standard style of font from the mid 1950s to the early 2000s. Anyone manufacturing it?

27 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

All too often, lettering, numerals and crests on models are way too overscale (and often the wrong colour).

I have two Murphy 141s and I was thinking of renumbering them. Does anyone know where replacement numerals can be had of the exact size and shape of the (correct to scale) numbers on the Murphy ones?

This will also apply to models of A, C, G and B101 classes, which are often seen with modern “arial” style font, which is too big, too thick and entirely the wrong font.

CIE used a standard style of font from the mid 1950s to the early 2000s. Anyone manufacturing it?

John,

I have used both Railtec and SSM for transfers and found them to be fast and reliable.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

JB, I've renumbered 6 or 7 of my 141/181's all IR/IE era using SSM decals, and found them spot on. Same with my 071's. Pic below is of 160 & 190 still on a sheet to give you an idea of how they look. 

IMG_20190524_185759.thumb.jpg.c5929dfd73b641333d8120dce1f42ede.jpg

And 071 renumbered to 075 

IMG_20190524_190425.thumb.jpg.035ea9351a6da0c21a169c945736d122.jpg

Might be of some help to you. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

It would be the large and small unshaded ones (sides and ends) for the black'n'tan era liveries that I'd be interested in..... must check out SSM & Railtec. Thank you for replies, folks.

Apologies JB, my mistake. I'm sure the title said CIE / IE Diesels. I put a cardigan down I was knitting to post them pics, and dropped a stitch in the process. Last time I'll bother.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, JasonB said:

Apologies JB, my mistake. I'm sure the title said CIE / IE Diesels. I put a cardigan down I was knitting to post them pics, and dropped a stitch in the process. Last time I'll bother.

Title did say that, yes - my mistake.... keep knitting!

5 hours ago, DiveController said:

Do you know what the prototypical font @jhb171achillwas or what is being used now as nearest to that? 

I don't, but I'd like to know. I'm thinking that paddy Murphy must have that into as his models had it to a T.  I will contact him and post result here if I can get anywhere with it.

• Like 1