1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tom, next time we meet we shall find a quiet srea in the bar and you can covince me!!

Jaysus... what have I started!!! For controvercial read... I actually quiet like Rail cars. Sure tis nothing like a loco hauled train but its better than taking the bus when ya want to travel from Waterford to the 'big smoke'. We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Not a bad old spot d'Imperial. Will definitley meet up for a pint with ya at next years show :tumbsup:

Thanks everyone for putting up pictures, some excellent landscape scenes with great detail. I note according to the pictures railways were in a minority, I thought model railways were popular in the Cork area especially with Marks Models shop there to supply the demand?

Trains are most certainly popular but most lads have them firmly set down in house and not for exhibiting, we had invited a club and a few individuals with layouts but they were not available. Maybe next year as we want to have more on show than on sale.

From what I gather the Midlands lands might be up for a trip down south next time and hopefully given the interest I kinda hope to re kindle some interest in setting up a Club or such with some like minded folks so fingers crossed. The previous attempt fizzled out for various reasons which was a pity.

I might be able to cobble together something if I get a few moments to myself hopefully

Cheers

George.