1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more..corf fair 076.jpg

hope you enjoyed the pics lads, only a small amount taken again full praise to all involved , espically to george - it was a great show, hopefully the first of many! looking forward to seeing more model railway exhibits next time. and maybe george will have a word with God to have the sun shining!

corf fair 074.jpg

corf fair 072.jpg

corf fair 071.jpg

corf fair 069.jpg

corf fair 066.jpg

corf fair 064.jpg

corf fair 062.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I can say that it went down fantastically well on leeside and even got a mention in that holy grail called the Evening Echo today complete with piccys as per below, my Airfix concorde was a lucky choice from the fab models there along with Paul Goodes Panther Tank.

CorkModelFairEcho19112012.jpg

The whole idea was to have a fair to provide some seed cash for a better slant on exhibition rather than trade next year as a lot of people cleared there stash's they may not be there next time.

However as you know Cork has no model railway club at the moment (that needs to be resolved) so bringing in layouts cost a bit of cash and thats if you can get them as not everyone is available on the given weekend.

Once the panel sit down to decide on next years date which will be shortly we will announce the info and send out invites again to one and all and hopefully a few more layouts will appear.

Also I could not of done this without of all the support of all the exhibitors and family that helped out during the day so a big thanks to all that helped during the day.

Des, you were missed this time and I hope the head was not too sore after the weekend. Next year Des.

cheers

George

think i found the problim, so am uploading pics again...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3921[/ATTACH]imagine sneaking this baby into your house without the wife noticieng !

Rumours are that Gerry's wife may be inside it!!

Fairplay to George for putting the show together. Really enjoyed the day. Plenty quality modelling on show, picked up a few bits for the layout plus some stuff for the modelling tool box. Also It was good to put some faces to names: Heir flick, Scahalane, Trainman, Dave etc... Great meeting you all :tumbsup:

Tom.

Thanks everyone for putting up pictures, some excellent landscape scenes with great detail. I note according to the pictures railways were in a minority, I thought model railways were popular in the Cork area especially with Marks Models shop there to supply the demand?

Des, you were missed this time and I hope the head was not too sore after the weekend. Next year Des.

cheers

George

Arrgh! It won't happen again George. I love any excuse to get down to D'Real Capital...and it only 90 minutes away.

I might even have a layout next time.

Fairplay to George for putting the show together. Really enjoyed the day. Plenty quality modelling on show, picked up a few bits for the layout plus some stuff for the modelling tool box. Also It was good to put some faces to names: Heir flick, Scahalane, Trainman, Dave etc... Great meeting you all :tumbsup:

Tom.

tom,enjoyed the chat, dont forget to post pics of your layout as you go!

tom,enjoyed the chat, dont forget to post pics of your layout as you go!

Will do Heirflick,

as soon as my layout comprises of more than a pile of MDF in the shed and an empty attic space you'll be the first to know :) It's still a work in progress. Slow progress at that.... due to the day job taking up all my time. Last weekend I was framing walls, this weekend i'll be starting the insulation! Twas great catching up with ya at the show. You're a mine of information. Even if you don't share my controvercial views on railcars :D

Tom.