IRRS Dublin Digital Event

Rate this topic

StevieB

I attended my first Dublin meeting of IRRS last Thursday, albeit via Zoom. It was a film show of the work of the late Joe St Leger, a guy who went all over Ireland recording the mundane for the benefit of others. Two pieces were of particular interests, the lengths gone to to run round a magnesite train at Limerick Junction in order to go from Cork to Ballinacourty, and the working of trains between Limerick and Dublin. A train from Limerick ran via Nenagh to Ballybrophy, where it was attached to the rear of a train from Limerick via the junction. Fascinating.

Stephen

I attended via Zoom as well although my Webcam has gone the journey and enjoyed an excellent set of films. There were some fascinating scenes of the demolition Contractors working on the Clonmel-Thurles branch using what looked like one of the ex GNRI railcars D E F or G ( can anyone confirm ) with a makeshift wooden board Driving end. I have another Webcam on the way and look forward to the next Show

• Like 1