H&W / NCC 22 shunter

Rate this topic

Robert Shrives

15 minutes ago, Tullygrainey said:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and the kind comments. I have a love/hate relationship with kit building. I love it today😄

Yes Leslie, I'm very pleased with the rolling stock. Maybe see you at Bangor in April? The layout is a small fictitious dock scene vaguely inspired by Dundrum. Called Loughan Quay (say it out loud)

Alan

Hi Alan

Yes, I love the name.

Regrettably Brexit / Covid has put paid to Bangor where I'm concerned. People can buy from me direct at any time.

My / our usual route was via Holyhead - Dublin so that we could drop stuff off for the IRRS Archives, etc etc. After Brexit, that's a non-starter when you're carrying "goods" - yes, I know hundreds of others do it, but PW is a hobby, and it is probably all too much aggro for a relatively small return!  We considered Cairnryan, but as well as the £300 cost of taking the car over is 425 miles EACH way just to get there. At least Holyhead was just 5 hours most of the time!

I even considered Sail Rail, via Cairnryan (and post the stock over beforehand) but the timetables are all over the place. In a month's time, that could change, but who knows?

Sorry to be missing it and the craic!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Hi Alan

Yes, I love the name.

Regrettably Brexit / Covid has put paid to Bangor where I'm concerned. People can buy from me direct at any time.

My / our usual route was via Holyhead - Dublin so that we could drop stuff off for the IRRS Archives, etc etc. After Brexit, that's a non-starter when you're carrying "goods" - yes, I know hundreds of others do it, but PW is a hobby, and it is probably all too much aggro for a relatively small return!  We considered Cairnryan, but as well as the £300 cost of taking the car over is 425 miles EACH way just to get there. At least Holyhead was just 5 hours most of the time!

I even considered Sail Rail, via Cairnryan (and post the stock over beforehand) but the timetables are all over the place. In a month's time, that could change, but who knows?

Sorry to be missing it and the craic!

There's also the small matter of frequent disruptions to ferries these days. With daughter-the-younger now living in Wales, we are more than ever aware of the vagaries of the floating things between us and that island in between us and Mainland Europe!

1 hour ago, leslie10646 said:

Sorry to hear that Leslie. You will be missed. By the way, have you abandoned your website or has it just moved somewhere else?  Apologies if I've missed something along the way.

Alan

21 hours ago, Tullygrainey said:

Sorry to hear that Leslie. You will be missed. By the way, have you abandoned your website or has it just moved somewhere else?  Apologies if I've missed something along the way.

Alan

Very kind of you to say that Alan!  I'm sorry that I won't be seeing all my Irish pals!

Now, the Website - this is VERY boring! (I could bore you longer if I told you about blowing every socket in the house yesterday when using my Proxon Drill!). I can send this thanks to a 15 metre  extension cable from one of the working sockets (in the kitchen) to the BT router - I lost even my landline as without power "Digital Voice" doesn't work! My old phone worked fine! Progress - don't make me laugh! 

The website was costing me a lot of money for little return (as I say, it's a hobby).  I tried a "pure" Wordpress site but realised I would have to re-enter everything, so-

I tried to convert to Wordpress while still on the 1&1 "system" which was a tenth of the cost of my Website Builder one - 1&1 said they would keep my old site up while I converted - they didn't. Hence the reduced website which you can see, but it proved less than intuitive (on 1&1 anyway).

This bit is less boring ......

I tried to access the site myself a moment ago by putting "Provincial Wagons' into the browser and got up a page -

http://provincialwagons.com/welcome-to-provincial-wagons

That tells you everything you need to know - my e-mail address! It came up first on my browser - the other one

People know me pretty well.  All they have to do is send me an e-mail and I'll send lists of available kits, invoices, pictures, even kits themselves (!) and for one lucky gent on here recently two RTR GSWR brake vans!

So, guys, drop me a line and I'll do what I can.

Regards

Leslie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 23/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, leslie10646 said:

Liverpool - Dublin is the way to go. A fraction of the price and with two decent meals thrown in. It's a long sailing, but timing it overnight drops the cost further and throws in an opportunity to sleep on the way.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

http://provincialwagons.com/welcome-to-provincial-wagons

That tells you everything you need to know - my e-mail address! It came up first on my browser - the other one

People know me pretty well.  All they have to do is send me an e-mail and I'll send lists of available kits, invoices, pictures, even kits themselves (!) and for one lucky gent on here recently two RTR GSWR brake vans!

So, guys, drop me a line and I'll do what I can.

Regards

Leslie

Thanks for this Leslie. Hope by the time you read this you're back on the grid 😀. Best wishes, Alan

• Thanks 1