old photos

Rate this topic

brianmcs

Top one could be anywhere, really - possibly Broadstone or Athlone? It's a MGWR 0.6.0 in GSR days (1925-45). 

Second one is on the DSER somewhere - could it be New Ross?

Third one - I SHOULD know that, given so many clues in the pic - but I've no idea. I think the third wagon is a DSER one. The high fencing behind looks pretty new. Wagons suggest date about 1930.

• Like 1

A good friend of mine who is not on the forum has contacted me and says the first photo is Ballina, and the third photo is what is now known as the Crossmolina road siding formally the Killala line  beside the show grounds in Ballina-the bus eireann garage would be on the right today.

• Like 4

Second one is almost definitely Rosbercon (New Ross) facing Waterford direction. 

Station building on left was for passengers with a small shelter on the far platform, building on right was the goods shed. Bridge is now located in Rosslare Strand. 

In the photo below the small shelter has been removed.

553319_3630901898231_148940570_n.jpg.430076e75714ac7caa23f70fc6b238a1.jpg

Edited by Wexford70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, josefstadt said:

On 3/2/2021 at 9:25 AM, ttc0169 said:

A good friend of mine who is not on the forum has contacted me and says the first photo is Ballina, and the third photo is what is now known as the Crossmolina road siding formally the Killala line  beside the show grounds in Ballina-the bus eireann garage would be on the right today.

That same gentleman would very certainly know what he was talking about, if he's who I think he is!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, josefstadt said:

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

That same gentleman would very certainly know what he was talking about, if he's who I think he is!

Let’s just say we had the pleasure of his company on many an occasion-and one in Co Sligo of note too.🍺😜

• Like 1