GNR special van from 1948

Rate this topic

airfixfan

It seems to be a 15 Ton version. I have an IRRS drawing of such. Could be 1910 vintage and about 19ft over headstocks(22ft over buffer). The 10 ton version had only 1 drovers compartment but the same dimensions. the picture in the above post does not show any roof vents/light holders so may have been converted to just a guard or parcel van.

Mikeo

• Like 1

You may already have looked but incase you have not search for "old Greenore" you should in the images section of Google find links to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage which has some views of the hotel as well as a description which may help deduce what was add to the original building. Look also in the Historical Pictures Archive there are a few alternative views. I think there is a Railway/Maritime museum in Greenore that may be able to help.

MikeO

8 hours ago, airfixfan said:

foyle_road_19.8.1959_roger_joanes.thumb.jpg.9aa8c561d8681f748560e9b0ce004e2f.jpgfoyle_road_19.8.1959_roger_joanes.thumb.jpg.9aa8c561d8681f748560e9b0ce004e2f.jpgfoyle_road_19.8.1959_roger_joanes.thumb.jpg.9aa8c561d8681f748560e9b0ce004e2f.jpgfoyle_road_19.8.1959_roger_joanes.thumb.jpg.9aa8c561d8681f748560e9b0ce004e2f.jpgAnyone know more about what this was and any relevant details?

Posted in error can one of the Mods please delete?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

You may already have looked but incase you have not search for "old Greenore" you should in the images section of Google find links to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage which has some views of the hotel as well as a description which may help deduce what was add to the original building. Look also in the Historical Pictures Archive there are a few alternative views. I think there is a Railway/Maritime museum in Greenore that may be able to help.

MikeO

Thanks will relay your message to my friend in the morning