Code 75 -v- Code 100 Peco track

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

My expert colleagues tell me that some older models will go "bumpety-bump" over code 75 track due to coarser wheels.

Am I correct in assuming that ALL of the output from Murphy Models, plus the 00 Works steam locos, plus the Bachmann Woolwiches, will negotiate Code 75 track?

Also, would anyone recommend any particular spoked wagon wheels to use on older model wagons if it transpires that their wheels need to be changed?

Hi Jhb 

I have code 75 in the scenic area of my layout - transitioning to code 100 for the fiddle yard etc etc....

No problems with any of my MM stock, IRM stock, 00 Works stock...etc etc.....anything after the mid 80s should be fine

I got a Lima Gwr King Class with 4 carraiges and some freight stock circa 1970s/80s from the father in law to clean up and they wont clear the code 75 sleepers without the wheels being replaced with modern stock.

You should be fine 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edo said:

Hi Jhb 

I have code 75 in the scenic area of my layout - transitioning to code 100 for the fiddle yard etc etc....

No problems with any of my MM stock, IRM stock, 00 Works stock...etc etc.....anything after the mid 80s should be fine

I got a Lima Gwr King Class with 4 carraiges and some freight stock circa 1970s/80s from the father in law to clean up and they wont clear the code 75 sleepers without the wheels being replaced with modern stock.

You should be fine 

Ironically my ancient Hornby Dublo has very fine wheels and runs on code 75. The big locos could haul 20 coaches.

• Like 1