RAILS NEW POINT MOTORS

Rate this topic

burnthebox

2 hours ago, burnthebox said:

Hi guys, have a look at this lot, from Rails...New Point Motors..

btb

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3420/rails-connect-point-motors

Interesting as the larger retailers are creeping more and more into manufacturing. I'm switching to stall motors, didn't like the speed and noise of the Seep, Peco solenoids. DCC concepts also have lifetime warranty.

Well guys I have to say that I didn’t know there was such a choice...!  So what would be your choice of point motors..! & the reason I ask is for when I get to start the build of my layout I’ll be planning on using Peco Code 75 Wooden sleeper Flexi track, ( not that I know anything about track or what track points will work or not...!😗 ) TIA

BTB

• 4 weeks later...

Like NIR80, my experience of Tortoise point motors has been excellent. They never seem to go wrong and are easy to set up. The two issues are cost and size, especially depth as they need 10cm baseboard frames to hide them. Having said that, you can fit them sideways with a bit of effort - see my Fintonagh thread in the layouts section.

More recently, servos are becoming popular, but you need some sort of electronic control to limit their movement. Cheap to buy though.

Basic wire in tube can be very good too and needs no electricity of course.

• Like 1