Freight wagons

Rate this topic

timmycork

timmy, i reckon most lads have a few MIR 42' flats, rare as hens teeth now. I have it on good authority that the wondershop in ennis is producing the finest most accurate version of the 42' flat, if you can hold off SSM will sort u out. Failing that, Bachmann do a twin spine wagon which, although wrong length looks good when irishized with red bauxite and dirt. There is also the BR dapol pocket wagon, but its short, and holds only the 40' container rather than the 45' container that IE have. Roko and a few eu manufacturers do some passable wagons, but they are expensive foe being wrong. Richie.

The lads have given the correct advice. Des's kits will be beauties, and the Dapol wagons are great for getting a train up and running quickly. They are also lovely wagons. Don't go for the ancient Hornby Freightliner wagons as they are so dated and require surgery to shorten them. You would also have to add buffers, and buffer housings.

Rich,

timmy, i reckon most lads have a few MIR 42' flats, rare as hens teeth now. I have it on good authority that the wondershop in ennis is producing the finest most accurate version of the 42' flat, if you can hold off SSM will sort u out.

Heh! Thanks Richie. The day draweth closer!