GNR(I) JT Locomotive

Rate this topic

Kirley

The 3D body is made by Richard EH of this Site and is sold through Shapeways site: https://www.shapeways.com/product/322AX6GR7/4mm-scale-gnri-jt-tank-body-shell-16-5mm-gauge?optionId=8347275

Richard has already displayed his own build of this model on this Site.

Anyone who has visited the Transport Museum at Cultra will have seen this preserved locomotive and it is nice to reproduce it in model form.

IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

I made a short video of the model in action, see Layout Section -Kirley Junction.

Edited by Kirley

Nice model. Your a fast worker.

Looks just right pulling those wagons.=D

Need to be careful in the Golden Years of the GNR Mac Arnold had a tale of a German POW becoming mighty upset when he saw a dainty looking JT passing Tanderagee on a goods train. The POW a railway man expected something with 6 or 8 coupled wheels.

The combination of plasticard overlays with the nylon 3d body seems to be a good idea. Kieran did you use Mekpak or superglue to stick the overlays to the body?

The combination of plasticard overlays with the nylon 3d body seems to be a good idea. Kieran did you use Mekpak or superglue to stick the overlays to the body?

It's not my idea John, the innovator is Richard EH. Not sure what he used but I tried Revell Contacta Liquid Special, mainly as I had it on hand and it worked.

Nice one Kieran!

We've chatted as you've gone along and I think you've made a cracking job of it... it's only the fourth one in captivity, so to speak. At some point over next few weeks I'll update the shapeways page with the details of which chimney/dome/wheels etc to buy to go with it/.. but as you'll see from my brake van thread, I'm generally otherwise engaged at present.....

Cheers for now

Richard.