Logic V Lust - Apple Watch series 2 - not floating my boat

Rate this topic

Noel

As a technology fan and cautious early adopter I've kept an eye on this 'gadget', but even series 2 still doesn't float my boat.

It looks really amazing, is 'cool' to use, but for me personally, it just doesn't seem to perform any additional practical functions that are not already covered by my iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc. I drift between lustfully wanting one, and thinking for close to €500 it doesn't really do a whole lot. Leaving it off at night to charge (poor battery life) seems to offset one of its USPs, sleep monitoring. I'm not into 'sports fitness' so that aspect doesn't appeal personally. Tried a series 2 recently, but this is the first Apple product that has left me rather 'disinterested' if not occasionally 'lustfully desiring' one. :)

I think I'll stick to err.., a watch.

Agree. :) That's what I've done. Anyway most of the smart watches and sports fitness watches I've seen are rather heavy bulky affairs in a world where everything is supposed to be getting smaller.

Agree. :) That's what I've done. Anyway most of the smart watches and sports fitness watches I've seen are rather heavy bulky affairs in a world where everything is supposed to be getting smaller.

True, I looked at an Apple watch out of curiosity in the States over the summer and thought it was an ugly looking thing too. Also professionally I'm contacted hundreds of times a day though email, phone, text, social media etc. I want to cut out the methods of people reaching me, not increasing them!

. . . I want to cut out the methods of people reaching me, not increasing them!

Precisely. :) The young rep in the store was evangelising how I'd never miss a notification!!! He was young, he'll learn. I now have my phone on divert 30% of the day every day so I can limit unimportant event driven interventions. It destroys productivity. Thank God most short haul airlines still don't have WIFI. Sitting on a flight is one of the few places left on the planet you don't have to put up with constant stream of smartphone 'ping' noises :)

I love watches and have quite a collection, but I just don't see the attraction of a smart watch. They are quite boring and the only one that looked any way decent is the Moto 360.

You just can't beat a good 3D mechanical watch something the screen of a smart watch can't replicate, and besides my phone does everything and more the watch can do!

2016-10-07 18.45.35.jpg