POSTMAN PATRICK DRUNK DRIVING

Rate this topic

heirflick

The Post Office asked PSNI (Police) to help them out with a reminder to their drivers about the dangers of getting into a vehicle the morning after the night before. A lot of professional drivers and shift workers have early starts, so please bear this in mind if you're out celebrating or partying over Christmas or the New Year. The driver in the picture passed so all those letters to Santa in the back of the van were delivered on time.

I ask Police ' Don't forget the Milkman drivers'.:ph34r:

25299377_1771878369553114_90461084636279

Edited by steventrain
  • Like 1

I remember an event here in the 1970s, where a local chap was breathalysed and passed, with quite a low amount registering - when the copper gave him the good news, he was absolutely livid - "As a life-long temperance campaigner, I can assure you that no alcohol has ever passed my lips!"

He was not at all happy at the perceived slur on his character and a cursory investigation took place, to see it the device was faulty or there was some other reason.

It turned out that the orange juice in his fridge had been there for quite a while and had fermented to a small extent, producing a rather weak Cointreau substitute that he was innocently imbibing...

15 hours ago, Broithe said:

It turned out that the orange juice in his fridge had been there for quite a while and had fermented to a small extent, producing a rather weak Cointreau substitute that he was innocently imbibing...

....so that's why I'm addicted to the stuff!:rolleyes:30226285_1889307961120840_4434566046791237632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6525800339d5ecf6b43759769060084f&oe=5B2D8533

Driving a government vehicle I was often been stopped for suspected speeding but never in my own private car. We work under a similar performance management system to the traffic police, so most cops have a fair idea we are not going to be difficult at being stopped unnecessarily by another public servant trying to reach their quotas and keep their boss and Government Minister happy. Though again I might just have been lucky