Jump to content

Tractionman

Members
  • Posts

    231
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Tractionman

  1. Hodges Figgis in Dublin have the first two vols listed, presumably they'll get the third too.
  2. I have the first 2 IRR vols and they are excllent, just saw IRR vol 3 is now in print so that's been duly ordered https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/irish-railway-rover-part-3/ cheers, Keith
  3. Ta, it was either Downpatrick diesel day today or exhibition tomorrow, I chose the former, sorry to miss the exhibition, there's so few in this neck of the woods and they're handy for stocking up on modelling stuff, next time.
  4. Yep it was great to be there today at the DCDR, the sights and sounds! Well done ITG
  5. if it's a 3-car CAF it'll be no better than a cattle wagon A week or so back I was on a northbound 16.50 and it was full DD Enterprise but still standing room only by the time we keft Connolly and only really thinned out in my coach at Newry. I normally try to avoid the 16.50 as it is basically a commuter service for Drogheda and Dundalk and so gets overloaded. Plus, from the north I can't book seats for the Enterprise unless I go 1st class... though at the mo it looks like even 1st class will be no guarantee of getting a seat
  6. Just one 3-car for the Enterprise! It's pretty rammed at the best of times...
  7. That's a good haul ^^^ I can definitely recommend the "Rails Through..." series, especially if you have 1970s/1980s interests, lovely colour photos and some very useful station track diagrams.
  8. there's more now on, including a 121 and Cravens, see https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/new-arrivals and scroll down a bit, all a bit late for me
  9. same here, I was tempted by the grey bubbles but having read your informative post above (for which thanks) on the history of the wagons I realised the grey livery ones would be too early in date for what I am working on, which is more c.1976-1984 really, plus I need to save up for 3 Park Royals too, so trying hard not to get tempted! cheers, Keith
  10. for anyone looking for the earlier grey-liveried examples, some are available here: https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/irish-railway-models-oo-irm1018-cie-irish-rail-bulk-cement-wagon-set-1 cheers, Keith
  11. I reckon so, as presumably there'll be facilities elsewhere to receive the freight by rail, who knows one day that might even include Newry, Belfast, Derry etc
  12. Yes a bit of Gort might work, lots of inspiration here, you'd need to somehow shorten by two foot: But then depends what you're in to, a yard is probably the best bet, with an entry/exit via an underbridge as the scenic break.
  13. wait, there's more:
  14. on the move! https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishrailwayspresentandpast/permalink/9866755523415551/ includes pics and video of the locos, about to start heading north... cheers, Keith
  15. if you're travelling around over here a bit it's worth getting one of these https://www.translink.co.uk/ilink-travelcard which basically gives you bus and train travel for the whole of NI for one day for around £20! the Sunday Tracker ticket is £10 for all lines in NI (train not bus): https://www.translink.co.uk/sunday-day-tracker the Birkenhead boat is my favoured mode of travel between here and there, even daytime sailings the time passes nicely. cheers, Keith
  16. what I do like about GC (agree, not much to commend it) is the ability to change trains quickly, and between platforms, no footbridge to hoof over! great to see the diesel day, hope I can make it--well done ITG and DCDR
  17. Kernow have this 141 on offer https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/89473/MM0154A-Murphy-Models-Class-141-Diesel-154-in-IR
  18. I joined the ITG as a member and get the Mail as part of the membership package. cheers, Keith
  19. The latest issue of The Irish Mail from the ITG has an urgent fundraising call to assist with relocating their locos from Moyasta to Downpatrick. Anyone wishing to assist financially can find a donate page on the ITG web-site (www.irishtraction.com). (edit, see below!) cheers, Keith
  20. excellent, I like the wagon plates! cheers, Keith
  21. I'd settle for a brake van
  22. Perhaps an indication of the differing levels of product interest can be gauged looking at rmweb and the Accurascale/IRM posts there and responses to these, the Hunslets have 5.6k views and the 800 class 5.5k views, both seem the highest of the Irish IRM products of late but the Banana Vans thread has 53.4k views by way of comparison! Rmweb is mainly inhabited by UK based modellers, though not entirely of course. Cheers, Keith
  23. I'll be there in the morning
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use