dropshort105
Members-
Posts
149 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by dropshort105
-
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
-
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
It breaks into three sections, it took two runs in a great big borrowed van, getting it in the door of the hall was the tricky bit. -
Beagnach end: A Branchline terminus.
dropshort105 replied to Metrovik's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Nope, it broke on my layout, not on yours, I'm just sorry it ruined you photo. -
Beagnach end: A Branchline terminus.
dropshort105 replied to Metrovik's topic in Irish Model Layouts
I found the missing buffer -
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival - Model Railway event September 2026
dropshort105 replied to MikeO's topic in What's On?
Any time buddy. -
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Still a long way from being finished, we made our exhibition debut last weekend at the Dunshaughlin harvest festival, I think it went down well with the public.- 80 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival - Model Railway event September 2026
dropshort105 replied to MikeO's topic in What's On?
That's my one Leslie, you have been watching it's development for quite a while now " finally made a start after 40 years " -
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival - Model Railway event September 2026
dropshort105 replied to MikeO's topic in What's On?
-
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival - Model Railway event September 2026
dropshort105 replied to MikeO's topic in What's On?
-
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival - Model Railway event September 2026
dropshort105 replied to MikeO's topic in What's On?
And the best hotdogs you have ever had. -
Beagnach end: A Branchline terminus.
dropshort105 replied to Metrovik's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Wow, looks fantastic -
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
All scale model scenery kits, I think they are very good kits. -
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
The tower is from any scale models, the chap who runs it is retiring soon, if you are after one you need to get on to him sharpish. -
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Likewise, two weeks or so isn't it. -
Finally made a start after 40 years.
dropshort105 replied to dropshort105's topic in Irish Model Layouts
- 80 replies
-
- 21
-
-
-
Beagnach end: A Branchline terminus.
dropshort105 replied to Metrovik's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Looking forward to seeing it in two weeks. -
Drogheda MacBride Station And Platin Cement Factory
dropshort105 replied to Anders112's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Your bubbles look great, how did you weather them ?- 71 replies
-
- 2
-
-
-
Wanted: Hornby Analogue controler R965 With Transformer
dropshort105 replied to Anders112's topic in For Sale or Wanted
Did you get fixed up, I have a couple knocking about if you still need one. -
Since turning 50 I use my normal glasses, magnifying glasses over them while looking through a desk mounted magnifying glass, that does the job, just about
-
Hay if you have any questions about RC I will have some of my boats at Dunshaughlin, we can open them up and you can have a look, surprisingly cheap thanks to those wonderful people in China.
-
I will bring them to Dunshaughlin, they are of no use to me and didn't cost enough to warrant the cost of returning them, I just want them to go to a good home.
-
Drogheda MacBride Station And Platin Cement Factory
dropshort105 replied to Anders112's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Yeah, that's the stuff, not to worry, it's clear when it is dry. I've not had any wheel slip issues with the Murphy's locos, 182, 121 or 071, I suppose it depends on what it's pulling, 10 wagons work fine, 4 coaches are fine, have not tried any rakes bigger than that. The 071 was derailing, but as I say, seems to have mysteriously fixed itself.- 71 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Yup, will try to dig up the website I got it from. Any colour photos of them would be much appreciated, particularly the interior, roof and the radiator https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/slncr-railcar-b-1-76-scale
-
Hay, I accidentally ordered a big bag of seated figures from China, it turned out I ordered what looks like 1/24 instead of OO scale, are they of any use to you ?, they are no use to me.
-
Drogheda MacBride Station And Platin Cement Factory
dropshort105 replied to Anders112's topic in Irish Model Layouts
I had a few similar problems, locos with traction tyres get bad wheel slip, I replaced the tyres with a paint on stuff from the US called bullfrog snot, don't know where they came up with the name, but it works, my radius is 2 and 3, i replaced all of my couplers with knuckle couplings, coaches with sprung buffers had the buffers retracted and held back with a spot of super glue, had issues with the park royals, had to make a minor mod to the bogies, they work fine now, bubbles etc, no problem, anything longer than that without bogies is a issue, six wheel coaches, forget about it. I did have issues with Murphy's 071 but it seems to have bedded itself in now and is running fine, 121s 141's 181's run great, 601 runs alright with five wagons so long as the track is good and clean. Speaking of cleaning, that's a problem, solved by buying two lilliput track cleaning tankers on fleabay, I panted them up yellow and disguise them as part of a weed train.- 71 replies
-
- 1
-
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)