Hattons (eHattons) Model Railway Shop Liverpool

Rate this question

Blu Bianco

Question

Hi there,

Has anyone bought anything from here recently? Do you know if they continue to send a dispatch email when the order is picked and ready to be sent? Or has it been a bit slow lately?

(This would be separate to the standard order notification email you get when the order is first placed)

Thank you!

19 answers to this question

Rang them up this evening about the 071 I'd pre-ordered,I had been expecting an email from them,but nothing.They confirmed my card details and are sending out my order.Disappointed with their correspondence.

Wow, that seems a bit poor alright, especially since they seemed to have it there ready to go.

Compared to what else I've read online today, it doesn't seem to not be the norm for them, however, what got me thinking was that I'd ordered something a few days ago and the promised further correspondence for picking/dispatch hasn't materialised yet. Don't know if its been picked/sent or not. Seems we're both is same boat!

Don't worry lads I get stuff from them every week and they are now starting to experience a bit of a back log as we are now on the run up to Xmas so your orders will be a little later. If in doubt always lift the phone and talk to them.

Cheers Anthony.

Thats why I asked here, on the off chance that someone may know if there might be a current issue or not, which would save me from having to bother the shop :tumbsup:

I had a 112 on pre-order.

I had a picking and despatch email last night for my 112 - which duly arrived midday today (the following day).

-Rob

ps I will admit that I'm considering giving Rails a go for either 071 or 082 tho' - I don't need 071 or 082, but I would like them :D

Edited by Robert Davies

No worries - the mail came in at 1714hrs yesterday evening. Interestingly they say they sent it Royal Mail - however it arrived with a guy from Yodel.

-Rob

Yes Rob that is correct it used to be that Yodel got the parcels if they went over a certain weight and it was not within Hattons deal with Royal Mail. But they have got that busy over the last month or so that Yodel are now taking some of the smaller parcels It means they are now getting double the small parcels leaving the warehouse in the afternoon and not totally relying on Royal Mail.

I ordered a MK3 Restaraunt Coach from Hattons last week and received order confirmation and order dispatched correspondence very promply. Alas, when it arrived I knew immediately by the size of the package that it was N Gauge, (completely my fault as I jumped at the price). When I contacted them to see if I could return it for a credit note, I was offered a full refund which was duly applied to my credit card and in very fast turnaround too. Can't fault service like that.

Ger.

I ordered a MK3 Restaraunt Coach from Hattons last week and received order confirmation and order dispatched correspondence very promply. Alas, when it arrived I knew immediately by the size of the package that it was N Gauge, (completely my fault as I jumped at the price). When I contacted them to see if I could return it for a credit note, I was offered a full refund which was duly applied to my credit card and in very fast turnaround too. Can't fault service like that.

Ger.

You have to hand it to them they know how to look after their customers

Guest hidden-agenda
Dont forget to check your spam/junk folder, sometimes their confirmation emails can end up there. Always had fantastic service from them myself.

Spot on Fran that,s what happened to my notifications , i cant praise Hattons enough for their customer service mine should be here today.

Dont forget to check your spam/junk folder, sometimes their confirmation emails can end up there. Always had fantastic service from them myself.

Thanks Warbonnet but nothing there.

I ended up contacting them by email through their site, just incase there was something else from my side holding it up.

I got a quick reply, which was really good of them. It turns out my orders were sent out Monday and Tuesday, but I was never sent any dispatch emails! Maybe they are just concentrating on getting the orders out due to being busy or perhaps there was a glitch. Don't know if there is anyone else here who ordered and received their goods without receiving a dispatch email first?

No worries anyway, at least they are on their way and the helpful lady did subsequently provide me with the tracking numbers. I would have been surprised if it had of taken them that long (until tomorrow or longer) to send them! There was never any issue of it putting me off buying from them though, they are a great and helpful company, of that there is no doubt.

Edited by Blu Bianco