Lurking 80 Class in Bray

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland Diesel Arklow

69-772-735 in NIR suburban livery and IR logos on cab front and coach sides, Arklow 1988 (other sets were 68-761-737 and 86-xxx-740, I can't remember the third). The IR branded 69 trio spent quite a lot of tine on the Cork-Cobh line

Ireland Diesel Bray

735 at Bray, sets were in service 1987-90

Sidings at Connolly. Single IR set of Points alway at the 'leading' end of the coaches on the left side (both directions)

Ireland DEMU Dublin

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Brings back memories I used to walk from Bray to Greystones along the coastal path and return by the 80 Class 'Shuttle" during the late 80s early 90s and also did a Cork-Cobh in an 80 Class visiting Fota as part of my summer holiday ritual. At the time IE showed a lot of initiative in hiring the 3 80 Class sets for the "Shuttle" and Cork-Cobh services offering reasonably frequent service with modern comfortable stock compared with the decrepit AEC push pull set used on the shuttle and the early 1950s stock used on the Cobh trains. Greystones lost its local passenger service when the 80 Class were recalled by NIR in the mid-1990s

An 80 Class set may also have operated a Sunday only Heuston-Connolly-Dunlaoire Boat Train before the introduction of the HSS ferries.

• Informative 1