West Clare Railway Rolling Stock Drawings

Rate this topic

Colin R

Hi all

Its been a while since I have been on here (work and life out of balance right now), One think I have been meaning to ask does anyone know who I can contact about finding any old 3ft gauge WCR rolling stock drawings. 

I have the ones in the published books (the Patrick Taylor Book), but more so the other 6 wheeled brake vans that were used on Passenger trains mainly, I have a feeling that they may not exist, but if anyone has a contact, I would be glad to be put in contact with them, the same also goes for any photos of WCR rolling stock as well.

Regards

Colin R

2DEBB290-8E2C-4867-BE57-FC2B79F8A84F.jpeg

7C3CCE14-921E-4595-9BB2-4EB69C9DF391.jpeg

On pages 124 and 126 of Taylor's book there are drawings of two of their standard designs of 30ft long six-wheelers. Those vans were built to the same overall external dimensions, so that's a start.

They started life in ordinary wagon grey, but in later years got a darker grey shade (with the GSR) and a few - not all - of them ended their days in plain CIE green, of the later (lighter) shade. None were ever in the darker green.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

More West Clare and some nice WL&WR here:-

Limerick City Museum

A bit of a trawl to get through but it's worth it.

R

EDIT. The link doesn't go all the way. Choose "advanced search" and put "railway" in the keyword box.

Sorry, it's late (or early?) and the brain can't work it out.........

Edited by Rob R
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1