Garda ERU / ATLAS training.

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, Lambeg man said:

Precisely the reason myself and Galteemore hide our true identities when looking after Broithe's welfare. BTW, Galteemore goes to the front. 

That’s because I’m able to stay focused. Every time Lambegman sees a strange shed in a field he’s getting out the GN diagram book just in case it’s a carriage he hasn’t come across before. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Galteemore said:

Every time Lambegman sees a strange shed in a field he’s getting out the GN diagram book just in case it’s a carriage he hasn’t come across before. 

That's because I've got you at the FRONT going on every ten minutes or so "Is that an old Ulster or a Sligo Leitrim carriage body in that field in front of us?" And poor old Broithe is wondering why the hell he ever employed us!

Edited by Lambeg man

29 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

He may not be particularly well protected but he is at least remarkably well informed on the provenance of local henhouses. Not every mercenary force can offer that service 

Unfortunately Broithe is sufficiently well informed on railway matters to realize that the vast majority of ex-railway vehicles that made it into agricultural use after withdrawal were in fact GOODS vans, not carriages. Hence his apprehension that he has employed two goons who assume a every shed is a former PASSENGER CARRIAGE. I admit the failing on part of the contract in continually shouting "I've haven't got any goods van diagrams" may unsettle him. Still, let's wait and hear his whole view on this.

So Broithe, a quick customer survey question when you have the time...

A. Do you feel safe with Galteemore in front of you and me behind? or

B. Do you wish you never started this thread?  

Edited by Lambeg man
  • Funny 3

31 minutes ago, Lambeg man said:

Unfortunately Broithe is sufficiently well informed on railway matters to realize that the vast majority of ex-railway vehicles that made it into agricultural use after withdrawal were in fact GOODS vans, not carriages.

Theres a H van riddled with shot on my uncles farm.

There's also a wooden van by the river with 'FOR PRESERVATION' scrawled on a board on it. It's so dilapidated it'll be for the fishes soon... I should probably take a few pictures before that happens.

21 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

I’m going to pause making out those range cards then.

Quite why you were doing them defeated me. I thought you understood that I am ex-REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers), the Corps colours being Red/Blue/Yellow. Back in my day (1972) these translated into Red for the blood we never split, blue for the seas we never crossed and yellow for the large streak up or backs! The Corps motto was ARTE ET MARTE which was similar to the HGC motto of "Who Dares Wins" except our's was "Who cares who wins".

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, Lambeg man said:

Precisely the reason myself and Galteemore hide our true identities when looking after Broithe's welfare. BTW, Galteemore goes to the front. 

I no longer have an identity.

Someone in Nigeria has it now.

But, I never used it much anyway.

• Funny 3

On 17/12/2022 at 11:32 PM, Lambeg man said:

Were they aimed at Broithe? Me and Galteemore need to know. Not that either Broithe or Galteemore ever tell me anything that's going on! Sh*t, what was that!!!

They can aim at me all they like, if I stand sideways they have little chance of success.

In my youth, I got apprehended at gunpoint a good few times, but only once did I feel in proper danger - that was an RAF Regiment chap, with a bayonet on his SLR and in danger of collapse from heat exhaustion - also, he was heavily Geordie and I really didn't know what he was demanding that I should do.

Only once were actual shots fired, in a theatrical manner, for 'effect', and that was from a beautiful, museum quality Thompson gun.

I did receive an accidental near miss from Canberra, when one fell off into the NAAFI car park - that was exciting, hiding in ditches until its 'safety' was confirmed.

Edited by Broithe
  • Funny 3