Remaining Class 92 and Mark 5 Delivery Update

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

I see from this post from @Georgeconna that some modellers have found the Mk5 lighting unsatisfactory.

I also see that @BosKonay replied several times in the comments under the video which was in that post, saying that the brightness is to scale.

I'd be fine with scale brightness, and would probably be more concerned with consistent brightness across a layout - some scale coach lighting and some operating surgery lighting side by side may look off.

A physical brightness switch underneath future coaches may solve that. No messing with CV settings, nor asking around on the internet for help, no buying rolls of LEDs, no soldering, just a switch with "S" for "Scale Brightness" and "X" for "Extra Bright" or whatever.

Are there any other tips and tricks that members have on the Mk5's?

I have read on YouTube that the DVT bogie requires attention to stop flickering lighting out of the box. Unscrew it and clean the contacts or something like that.

• 3 months later...

What happens if I put an A Class LokPilot into a Class 92? Does it blow up or does the motor burn out or what?

Class 92 LokPilots are currently out of stock from IRM:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip?_pos=23&_sid=20b57f2a4&_ss=r

Hatton's don't have them listed, and Accurascale postage has been revoked since the Royal Mail hack.

On 7/8/2023 at 2:56 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

What happens if I put an A Class LokPilot into a Class 92? Does it blow up or does the motor burn out or what?

Class 92 LokPilots are currently out of stock from IRM:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip?_pos=23&_sid=20b57f2a4&_ss=r

Hatton's don't have them listed, and Accurascale postage has been revoked since the Royal Mail hack.

The decoder will work and the loco will run but you wont get all the lights working as the function mapping is different.

• Thanks 1