Ww2 wagons

Rate this topic

day day

3 hours ago, day day said:

Hi, im new to model railway world , just wondering can anybody point in the right direction,  I'm looking for ww2 wagons and buildings to start a scenery,  can anyone advise of website?

In the WW2 period, wagons were in use from a very wide period of time. While wagons built new were obviously in use, there were very many - in fact a majority - in daily use which dated from every decade back to the 1880s, and in a few cases the 1870s. So basically any type of pre-1945 wagon will be suitable.

Where is your layout based?

5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

In the WW2 period, wagons were in use from a very wide period of time. While wagons built new were obviously in use, there were very many - in fact a majority - in daily use which dated from every decade back to the 1880s, and in a few cases the 1870s. So basically any type of pre-1945 wagon will be suitable.

Thanks attic, just recently converted 

I think what is meant is where are you basing your layout on?
Being WW2  I wonder if you are basing it on the continent where there are a lot of proprietary  HO models available 
ROCO, Fleischmann Lilliput etc do a range of military stock
Some stuff on eBay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=military+trains&_sacat=220&_sop=10&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I think what is meant is where are you basing your layout on?
Being WW2  I wonder if you are basing it on the continent where there are a lot of proprietary  HO models available 
ROCO, Fleischmann Lilliput etc do a range of military stock
Some stuff on eBay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=military+trains&_sacat=220&_sop=10&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

Thanks for the help

• Like 1